Hi from Spain

Sep 23, 2024
Hi, I´m from Zaragoza, Spain, and I've arrived to this forum searching info for my Leon Cupra ST 4drive 300hp turbo electronic actuator.

My Leon Cupra is an MK3 with 213.000 kms that has been always stock (no chiptunning at all) and hasn´t had any main issue during all this time with me since 2017.

The only thing my car has had during the last 3 years was the fault with the turbo actuator that caused the common underboost fault and EPG light on the dashboard.

I´ve been solving that problem readjusting during the last 3 years the turbo actuator rod, unscrewing the nut, spinning the rod until the actuator voltage reading on the obdeleven diagnostic tool was between 3,5v and 3,8v and later screewing the nut again.

It has worked 3 years, but now the rod can´t be sppined any more because I think the actuator has reached its final peak, so I´m going to change the actuator and readjust the new one because the turbo looks like work perfectly apart form that without oil consumption or strange noises.

Out of that, my car has had only an issue during the second year with me related with the common coolant leak, the famous problem with the EGR coolant heat exchanger that was repaired free of charge thanks to the dealer shop, not thanks to the Seat brand, because Seat said it was a problem due to the use of the car when obviously it was a known design problem with that part.
Now my car has a minimum coolant consumption (about 150-200 ml every 25.000 kms) so I don´t touch it at all.

Anyway, during all this time I´ve done all the maintenance on the Seat dealer workshop (oil change, DSG and Haldex maintenance, filters, etc), except for the tires, brakes and small repair jobs (changing different valves and sensors) made by me or by my trusted mechanical workshop.

I hope to learn a lot with you and to be able to tell you all the things I will have to solve on my car during next years, because I want to keep it as much as possible.

Greeting from sunny Spain ;-)