Seat Leon cupra mk3 290SC DSG
Current Alloys are
19 inch
8J
ET 50
5x112

Tyres 235, 35, 19

I found another set of alloys I like off an audi s5

Please can you tell me if they will fit on my car?
They are
19 inch
Not sure on the J
ET 35
5x112
72.6 bore - I can get spigot rings to fit mine

Tyre is
255, 35 , 19

Please help!!!

Deleted member 103408

I dont know but i went

Current Alloys are
19 inch
8J
ET 45
5x112

This was fine but if you go to low then you get rubbing.

according to https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...ct2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8&offset2=35
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 15mm further away from the suspension strut (good news). The outer rim will poke out 15mm more than before (that I think is to much).

Based on it being 8j so you move out 15mm I suspect you will have lots of issues with that setup, most people go 10mm max and if you lower that still has issues.

check out https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/wheel-size.444667/ which is where I asked a simular question.

Reactions: Cupra290dsg

Cupra290dsg

Jun 5, 2018
Manchester
Thanks I still can't get my head around the offset , with the tyre being 255, I think it's going to be a 9J alloy after a quick Google search,

Anyone else swapped there Wheels and changed the offset and J?

Deleted member 103408

if its 9j just update the link I gave above and it will show you the following https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...ct2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9&offset2=35

Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 2.3mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 27.7mm more than before.

But I am no expert on wheel sizes lucky the guys on here helped me.
I would get the person selling them to confirm all the details and then you can see using the link I gave what the difference is.

Cupra290dsg

Jun 5, 2018
Manchester
Update confirmed they are

5x112
8.5J
ET35

Meaning they are :

"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 8.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 21.4mm more than before."

But what does this mean? Will they fit ? Or rub?

Deleted member 103408

I don't think they will fit.

What it is saying is if you put a tape measure by the side of your rim and measure 21.4mm further out that is where the new wheel will be.

I think you will find they are going to be much wider than your bodywork

Reactions: Cupra290dsg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Depending on the width of wheel (the ‘J’ value), an offset of ET35 can be a quite an aggressive offset; the lower the ET number, the further out the face of the wheel will protrude outwards from under the car’s wheel arch. An aggressive offset increases the risk of the tyres rubbing the wheel arch edges, especially if a car is lowered. Even on standard suspension, there can still be rubbing issues on poor road surfaces or if the car is heavily laden (4- 5 passengers and boot full of luggage), when the suspension travel will increase.

Offset can’t be considered in isolation though; the width of the wheel (the ‘J’ value) also needs to be taken into account - e.g. a 7J wheel with an offset of ET35 will protrude less than an 8J wheel with an offset of ET45.

You also need to consider the tyre width, as wider tyres will also add to the overall width of the wheel, so even if the offset isn’t too aggressive, fitting wider tyres to wheels of the same width as the originals, but with a slightly more aggressive offset can cause rubbing issues.

Cupra290dsg

Jun 5, 2018
Manchester
Thanks for the replies guys, I've got my head around it now, so I need to measure with a tape measure from the outside of the wheel, to the wheel arch to see if there's more than 21mm gap for it to fit

Deleted member 103408

But also consider up in the wing as it may just get in under the arch but your wings fold in so if you go over a bump then you will end up with rubbing inside the wheel arch. Don't forget to check both front and Back, Personally I found the Back has more room but check and double check.

As you are making changes to the wheels this is also going to impact your speedo reading, just check the impact on the site i gave you.

Lastly if you are considering lowering the car you need to look higher up inside the wing.

Based on my own experience I change to an offset of 45 although I have lowered the car a lot and fitted bigger break's on an 8J and had rubbing issues under hard breaking.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.