• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

HELP AC not working on brand new car

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
Hi , hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine . Well I just took the delivery of my brand new Cupra Formentor and looks like the AC is not working. Now I have booked an appointment with the local dealer but it's only a bloody 3 weeks wait. So instead of looking stupid on the day was wondering someone on here can help me ? I have ensured the AC button is lit and the fan is running. What am I doing wrong? I don't believe it would be a gas issue as the car is new. Someone help me !! It's a horrible to drive specially when the temperature is 30 degrees.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Drive to the dealership and ask them to show you how to operate the A/C

if it fails to work just park it in front of the entrance door to their showroom, that should get someones attention

Reactions: 380bhpdaily

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
Hi , hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine . Well I just took the delivery of my brand new Cupra Formentor and looks like the AC is not working. Now I have booked an appointment with the local dealer but it's only a bloody 3 weeks wait. So instead of looking stupid on the day was wondering someone on here can help me ? I have ensured the AC button is lit and the fan is running. What am I doing wrong? I don't believe it would be a gas issue as the car is new. Someone help me !! It's a horrible to drive specially when the temperature is 30 degrees.
So, the fan may be in but is the AC turned on? The switch on the screen should show orange

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
I bought a new car several years ago and discovered it hadn't been filled with gas .

As you you can't get an appt with cupra,why not pop it into Kwik fit or similar who will tell you straightaway if it needs gas.

If it hadn't then they can charge it for you and you can bill cupra!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Kwik Fit is not that bad, at least my local one. I did tyres and MOTs there.

I wonder if you could call assistance and then they will book car for repair for next day. That's the way to avoid long wait for appointment.

Also, did you talk to delivery company/dealer? Was it delivered on flatbed or by driver? Driver should notice lack of AC in current weather. And how did the car passed PDI?

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
All I'm saying is that I wouldn't let Kwik-Fit near my car, and doubly so if it was brand new and under warranty.
It doesn't matter if it's Kwik fit or whatever garage (even a seat garage) it's just a way to check if they have gas or not in the system,rather than waiting weeks for a warranty check which may not be required,just a recharge.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Go to the dealer, ask the salesman to check that you are doing the right things first, should have been done at handover.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
If the car was just delivered, there's small chance user managed to damage it. Delivery driver could, unless it came on flatbed.

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
Thanks all for your messages. The car was delivered by a driver. Now The AC button is orange and fan is also on. Rather take it to the main dealer to void any complications later. Will keep you guys updated on the outcome.

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
Kwik Fit is not that bad, at least my local one. I did tyres and MOTs there.

I wonder if you could call assistance and then they will book car for repair for next day. That's the way to avoid long wait for appointment.

Also, did you talk to delivery company/dealer? Was it delivered on flatbed or by driver? Driver should notice lack of AC in current weather. And how did the car passe
Never actually thought about calling assistance. Let me give that a go. The car was delivered by a driver and being quite techy , I told him I don't need a walkthrough. The car was delivered around 9am so think the AC wouldn't have been on.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Slightly daft and obvious question but you have lowered the temperatures for both sides of the car on the display?

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
16271418522479159749902965160934.jpg
just incase I'm missing the obvious.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.