Help a newb!!!

ollyjones

Hey guys,

Recently joined the ibiza tdi 130 club. I bought a new stereo to fit which once installed left a clear gap between the stereo and storage compartment.

I went and bought a facia adaptor but this looks very strange as it overhangs to the left and right.

Has anyone got any pics of a ibiza with a aftermarket stereo installed?

The part I have is a autoleads part FP-18-00. Does that sound right?

Deleted member 13653

ollyjones said:
Hey guys,

Recently joined the ibiza tdi 130 club. I bought a new stereo to fit which once installed left a clear gap between the stereo and storage compartment.

I went and bought a facia adaptor but this looks very strange as it overhangs to the left and right.

Has anyone got any pics of a ibiza with a aftermarket stereo installed?

The part I have is a autoleads part FP-18-00. Does that sound right?

Hiya, i have a pioneer stereo which can be seen on pic 'Show 13' on the album link here (http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/3071767). i did buy the fascia but then found out i didnt need it. Do you have a pic of how your head unit looks in the car? I also bought a harness ISO lead but then found out the connectors in the standard stereo went straight into the back of the pioneer head unit.. ..

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
If you can, posting a pic of what your headunit looks like. Here is mine. I didn't need a facia adaptor.

Image009.jpg

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Mine is like the above, i have a jvc unit. there is a slight gap under the head unit but im not too bothered about that.

you can evidently swap the tray and the head unit around, turning the tray upsidedown to fit.

so olly did you get a controls adapter for your steering controls?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Don't really notice the little lip because I always have the headunit facia on a tilt, also its nomally quite flush but just installed the defi controller unit II. Also need to move some of the wire from the back area, there are all pushed up in the far left hand corner. They keep pushing the HU out abit.

Last edited:

gazjones

the gap is there due to the dash being slightly rounded and the head unit being flat

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.