hello

JamieF

Dec 16, 2014
Cleethorpes
Hello from a new user, I have just bought a 2001 Leon Cupra, so thought id sign up to a forum, so hi.

Just a bit of backround of my car past et etc ...
Ive always been into cars and tuning , in the past ive mainly had vauxhalls, and built a fair few high spec engines, I had a mk2 astra gte with a 230bhp N/A 2.0 16v(C20XE), all built and tuned by me, ive also built a few 400 bhp plus C20LET's, ive also had a toyota celica st205 gt4 with 340bhp/330lbft, again all work carried out by me, and im also a mechanic so working or cars isnt a problem, but ive not had my own car for nearly 5 years as ive just not needed one, but now I do so I thought id get somthing I can have a bit of fun with.

Im after a few pointers on things to do to the car, ive been reading up on few thing that are recommended, so ill list off what I plan on doing over the next few weeks, and people can comment weather its a good idea or not, the car also needs a bit of routine maintenance, front discs are warped and there is a knock from the front end, had an advisory for a track rod end and play in tbe rack also, also found a split cam cover breather hose, so have ordered a silicoe replacement, also needs a cambelt and waterpump doing asap

So tomorrow ill get the car in and do
  • front discs and pads
  • pair of track rod ends, possibly rack ends also
  • oil and filter change
  • new plugs
  • coolant flush and change
  • brake fluid change
  • air con re-gas
  • tracking

Once ive sorted all the niggly bits ill be getting onto some De cluttering and making stuff better
  • SAI removal
  • the vacuum box thing removal (cant remeber what its called)
  • larger intercooler ( have a spare one from another car somehwere)
  • de cat and exhaust(2.5"or 3"?)
  • braided brake hoses
  • air filter ( S2000 filter or panel with a bitter air feed?)

Think thats enough to keep me going for a while:D
My goal with the car is to have a bit more poke, but with reliability in mind, so mybe after 250bhp ish area.

I take it forums still enjoy photos of any work under taken, if so I have no problem doing so

Thanks jamie

JamieF

Dec 16, 2014
Cleethorpes
Had a busy week since having it, ill start a wip thread once im able to post images, but im liking t he immensely so far

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members