Headunit Fitment!!!!!

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Ok, just spent about 4 hours searching for answers and didnt find what i need,
im going to put a headunit under the steering wheel and just wanted to see how it sits once finished and how much of the service book hole i need to cut out, found lots of old threads with deleted pics and couldnt even find a guide!!!

I read that its ok to piggyback the wires from the old headunit, anyone got a list of which wired on the standard headunit do what?? got a lot of wires to connect lol!

Thanks for help!!

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
run your own wires for + - and remote. and then run your own speaker wire. not that hard.

cut the back off it. about and inch all the way around and use a heat gun to heat the plastic and slid it in. keep heating and sliding until you reach a good enough fit that your happy with.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
no mate you dont need to cut the dash. and it should fit that nice that it doesnt need a cage for the headunit

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
the surround for the head unit will fit around the cd player, and the cage will fit also, makes it that much more secure (even though you can just pull the entire tray thingy out :cartman:) il get a pic of mine tomorrow to show you mate

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
i knw what you mean by not having any cds it was a pain, alot easier to connect a sub aswell once its in this way rather then fishing around the back of the tape deck.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
but you dont need the cage cos it should be a tight fit anyway. wont be any easier or more secure with a cage in it.

and benifts are you can run whatever you like off the headunit once its in. i had a full system in mine once i had my headunit in place. i loved it. does help if you have a remote for your hu

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
but you dont need the cage cos it should be a tight fit anyway. wont be any easier or more secure with a cage in it.

and benifts are you can run whatever you like off the headunit once its in. i had a full system in mine once i had my headunit in place. i loved it. does help if you have a remote for your hu

i know tell me about it, its a pain trying to drive and change track, really need to find a remote for my headunit

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
wired off your rear speakers lol, i cant imagine how bad that sounds lol sorry, the standard headunit is 20x4rms and youve got it split to your front speakers tweeters, rears and sub lol, will post pics in a second

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
thats what was looking for! thanks for that! ive got my sub running through some cheap RCA / speaker cable converters, sounds ok but not a lot of power goes through it! Should sound much better if i get it done properly tomorrow!

Thanks for the pics!

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
no worries bud i try to help as much as possible, what sub you running mate? and to cut it out only takes literally 2mins jus use a hacksaw and cut the back bit of that thingy me jig that your putting the cd player in at and angle and it will fit perfectly, i would use a cage if you have one, because on my one the cd player fitted quite loosely and i was worried that it would get pushed back, so the cage secures it in place a little.

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Coolio, ive got a brand new headunit so all bits there! the sub was a right bargin, its a 12" fli trap with built in amp, not great but 70 quid ex display couldnt realy argue with that! pretty decent sounding! will upgrade later to a nice pair of JL audio's or similar!

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
jl is wicked mate, i was looking at them but then i came across diamonds that i couldnt really say no too at such a great price lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise