• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Headlight washers

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
One of the flaps covering the headlamp washers has come off, so theres just a black hole...have noticed that they catch sometimes and don't properly shut...do you know if the dealers can a) order these parts in, body coloured flap that attaches and b) adjust or apply lubricant, these flaps so that they don't keep catching?

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
They have to be painted to match car. they do not come in pre painted colours. i noticed that wax and polish can build up on the edges, maybe a reason for them sticking??

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
well the car has only been polished twice (once at the garage to be lifeshined, and once because they did such a poor job) lol

my car is cleaned regularly, but personally I don't think this is the cause. The sticking happens everytime their used and is rather annoying. My polo gti never had this problem...so must be their design or seats cost cutting by using ill fitting parts! lol ;)

Aug 7, 2023
Hi guys. Headlight washers on Leon Mk4 Experience, work as they should but on occasion arrive home having used them to find both sides are still open?
They close with a gentle push and stay closed until the next use. Seams to be getting a more regular occurrence?
Any suggestions how I should lubricate them?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.