headlight removal--- quick reply needed!

Tom--

hello! just got my hid kit and only had about 20 mins before i go out so thought id stick to putting in the sidelight led's that came with it. anyway got one side in. works. put the other side in that works but 1st one has gone out, so go to take the drivers side one out again and the bloody led falls out into my headlight!!

so how do i get it out again? assuming i have to remove the headlight an split but how do i d othat>

cheers!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
bumper loose/off under the front of it to unbolt it and get it out

as you have 20mins i'd leave it with headlamps working and sort it later

Tom--

bumper loose/off under the front of it to unbolt it and get it out

as you have 20mins i'd leave it with headlamps working and sort it later

bloody hell! all that just to get headlamps out.
cheers fl@pper

Tom--

well i thought id be clever an use a magnet to fish it out, hooked it 3 times an it wouldnt fit through the hole! fecking thing so now it's slipped through the gap in the headlight so will be rolling around somewhere under the bumper. oh an the hid set is wrong. absolute nightmare!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
bloody hell! all that just to get headlamps out.
cheers fl@pper

sorry, always had the bumpers off already when i have done one but you'll need it really loose at one end at the least and wouldn't want you creasing paint after all your luck :):)

Tom--

Use a vacum, lol worked for most people.

never thought of that!! dammit too late now

it's slipped between the split inside the headlight. might take grill off and see if i can see it. how to get grill off anyone??

cheers :)

Tom--

my night has changed fro, being sh!t to slightly less so! with a feck of a lot of effort, a broken magnet, some duct tape and a lot of patience i've fished the sidelight out and fitted it. just the kit to sort now! so bit of a result.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
never thought of that!! dammit too late now

it's slipped between the split inside the headlight. might take grill off and see if i can see it. how to get grill off anyone??

cheers :)

not sure how the grill comes off, there 4 hex bolts but it seems the grill is glued to bumper from bottom of the grill.

Glad you its going right now 4u. ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.