Headlight adjustment control module location

Sep 16, 2024
I've recently had the 'Error: Headlight Range Control' warning on my dash and think the control module for the headlights needs replacing (the arm sensor on rear suspension all looks fine).

The control module is part #5Q0907357 but can't figure out how to locate it on my 2014 Leon ST FR 1.4TSI.

Does anybody know where it is?

Thanks for your help!

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
What does the error log say? The axis sensors often break internally. A short circuit or interruption to the positive is usually the problem. I have never had a defective control unit.

Sep 16, 2024
Thanks for the reply Cairus.

I haven't scanned it so don't have any error codes unfortunately. A local garage checked the arm sensor and looked OK so suggested it might be the control unit – interesting to hear you've never had a defective one. I assume a problem with the sensors might be an easier fix...

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
J431 is located to the right of the steering column, above the pedals. This applies to both LHD and RHD so it will be whichever side the steering wheel is.

1726556956686.png

On RHD MQB cars it is mounted vertically, LHD in the image it is horizontally.

I've replaced a few for various reasons but as Cairus says, it's more often the level sensor. Get it diagnosed properly.