Headlamp realignment after HID fitment

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
I plan to fit my h7 6000k HID kit tomorrow.However, knowing quite a few of you have done this recently how have people fared with there headlamp alignment after their kit is fitted. Have many of you realigned them yourself, have they not need realigning or have you taken it down to the garage. I have my 40k service shortly but dont want to put a smile on my dealers face giving him more work when i could be something that isn't required or could be done by myself using garage door.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
If the hid bulbs go in straight then you should not have a problem!
When fitting the hid bulbs, dont put too much force on the bulb holder as you may move it out of place!

If they are misaligned or abit bent. Try this tip! In a dark place (may at night), park near a wall and and leave your head lights on! Reset the headlight adjuster to zero on the dial, then using a screw driver adjust the hight manualy! to suite you.

Normally during MOT they adjust them for you!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I just went down to the nearest MOT garage and asked them to check it. Turns out it was OK, so nothing needed to be done, but most MOT places will check and change it for you for cheap anyway :)

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I would get a pic of the normal lights in the dark against a wall, and then take a pic of the new lights against a wall to see how thay compare.
Mine were spot on and needed no re-alignment so i imagine yours would be the same.

Dec 19, 2006
Hello everybody, i fitted HID's last week to my LC and like you say they are great and you can see where your going, i got my car serviced last friday and when i got in it the lights were set to zero on the adjuster and there was nothing on the invoice to say he'd changed the setting so fingers crossed all your lights should still be set correctly, just a quick question though, i have my lights set on about 2 1/2 on the little adjuster so i don't keep getting flashed does anyone else have to theres set low?

Deleted member 7729

I just went down to the nearest MOT garage and asked them to check it. Turns out it was OK, so nothing needed to be done, but most MOT places will check and change it for you for cheap anyway :)

What ones did you go for? As I'll be tempted with these in a 3/4 months

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.