Head Unit Relocation

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Hello!

Im getting an in-car pc installed properly after the last lot got nicked so im going to flush a 7" Monitor into the double DIN slot to make it look like a factory install. So heres my question:

Will a standard head unit fit in the hole below the climate control. If you take this cover off, there seems to be enough height and width (with a little dremelling :p ) but is there enough depth?

Looking at it, there isnt. But what is in the way? Is it to do with the heating unit??

If not, has anyone got any ideas on where else it could be relocated - glovebox, beneath glovebox on bracket...?

Heres some pics of where i mean. Photos courtesy of and many thanks to "Oliver" and Muddyboots (www.seat-ibiza-mk4.co.uk) as i couldnt be bothered to take my own photo! :D

seatibiza005.jpg

Last edited:

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
I have pics at home of this already done in a Mk4!

ill dig them out when I get home! You will need to do alot of fibre glassing to make it work but! Might be worth looking for another dash or at least that area!

Plus Im sure that there is cabling behind there for the climate control! Pull the trim out, 2 holes for your fingers and then pull it off and take a look!

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Has anyone put a TV in the CD storage slot, like a pop out one as thinking of doing this as the above option is a bit too much for my budget!

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
STOCKY said:
I have pics at home of this already done in a Mk4!

ill dig them out when I get home! You will need to do alot of fibre glassing to make it work but! Might be worth looking for another dash or at least that area!

Plus Im sure that there is cabling behind there for the climate control! Pull the trim out, 2 holes for your fingers and then pull it off and take a look!

Thank you!! We had a look and there seems something pretty solid there but if someone else has done it, so can i! :funk:

Fiberglassing fingers ready - gonna do a lot for the TFT so a little more shouldnt phase me :p

Seat_Lass said:
I think that would look great there

Innit just! I will ofcourse post a step by step guide and pics. I think a must-have though will be a Headunit with a motorised front so it can point up so u can see it. Fortunately i have one! :D

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Cool, more plugs for the site, cheers Ed :)

BTW You'll have to keep an eye out for a light metallic green Passat estate now, you won't see me driving the Ibiza round here any more :(

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
STOCKY said:
sorry I cant find the pic im looking for! Was about 6 months back I came across it, on a foreign Car PC site!

Found this but
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27970

looks very neat and tidy!

Ill check the work PC in the morning but I think I had it on the home PC!

It even had a guide on how to do it

Cheers for your efforts mate, il shall look aswell. I owe yo a pint next time your at JBS :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise