Halfords Xtreme Brilliance Bulbs

JamJay

California Bound
Hey all. I was in Halfrauds the other day and I see that they are doing the above bulbs for £25 bogof, not bad I thought (http://www.priracing.com/product.php/5/1/piaa-h7-xtreme-white-plus-bulbs--pair-). They claim 90% more light over a standard H7 on a MK1 Leon but I wonder, has anyone tried them and what were your verdicts?

They look very similar (blue tips) to the PIAA Extreme White Plus Bulbs (http://www.priracing.com/product.php/5/1/piaa-h7-xtreme-white-plus-bulbs--pair-) that are nearly double the price. So I wonder, are they going to be the same?

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
hey i've got the extreme brilliance bulbs from halfords in my ibiza the now, and they are fractionally brighter than the bulbs that came with the car.

personally i wouldn't run out and buy them, i got them because it was bogof and i needed a bulb to drive.

si (my 2p or what ever it is they say):)

borisvanhalen

FR is not a dirty word...
Feb 7, 2009
salisbury
first thing i do with all my cars is change bulbs... changed to the new extreme brilliance halfrauds jobbies in dec for my leon fr after driving to scotland - i can see a huge difference... i drove behind my daughter in her citroen the other night and she said she was getting blinded by them, more so than other cars - and no they are not set too high because i've not been flashed once

antnee

Me and my dad were talking about these the other day. He got some for his fabia VRS as they were on BOGOF when he needed a new bulb, they were brighter than the standard bulbs. However after a few months. one went on his way to work (1hour+ drive) and he could only get a normal bulb from a shop near his work, when he put the normal bulb in they were the same brightness :confused:

I personally use osram night breakers, which give off a lovely crisp bright white light

antnee

first thing i do with all my cars is change bulbs... changed to the new extreme brilliance halfrauds jobbies in dec for my leon fr after driving to scotland - i can see a huge difference... i drove behind my daughter in her citroen the other night and she said she was getting blinded by them, more so than other cars - and no they are not set too high because i've not been flashed once

Thats not a way to tell if they are set to high or not, need to take them to an MOT garage with a light beam machine

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
I changed the std Leon ones over for the extremes and found them much better. Wouldn't have bothered getting them unless they were on offer though . Personally I could tell the difference between the std bulb and the extreme ones when leaving one of each in the car. All I need now is some whiter 501's

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.