groved discs and mintex pads ;)

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
this weekend i got some grooved discs of ebay n some mintex pads, pretty easy to fit just a few bolts were abit stiff! and needed a piston retracting tool. here's a few pics

front pads were wrong so sent back and waiting for them before i do the fronts.

old pads were fooooocked!

think they look rather good, no more squeecky breaks either, just waiting to do my fronts now!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I hope that you scrubed up the hub mating face to remove any rust and crap, a good tip here is to put a small ammount of copper-ease or coposlip antiseize grease on the hub face before fitting the new discs, then the same on the front face of the disc to avoid the wheel sticking to the hub - by the looks of things (WD-40 can and wet bits), your wheels and discs had not been "copaslipped" in the past. I did not notice any retro-fitted VW Sharan handbrake external return springs either - that would probably have been part of the reason that the brakes were squealing - a handy mod! Maybe even lubricate all the mechanical moving/touching points with copaslip - or better still some of the mechanical brake grease that GSF sell - maybe from Pagid. If you remove the handbrake cable retaining clip - and maybe the flexi pipe retainer (forgotten), you can move the calliper a bit further away.

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
yeah would have put some coppergrease or coposlip or somthin on but i wasnt at my house n i couldnt be aresed to go buy any, i have but some on before when i have taken the wheels off in the past. got my front ones to do somtime this week so il sort the back ones out then coz il probably re-paint my calipers if its a nice weekend

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
yeah will do when i do my fronts coz my calipers need a touch up aswell.

got all four discs for 85 quid free p&p you could get them drilled and grooved for that price too but i didnt know how good quality they were n heard of some cracking with holes so i didnt bother! my pads were about 50 cant remember now il check though