Green Cotton

ibizaSquint

Ive been looking around for an induction kit, and could only find one made by green cotton (p111), Im hoping this is correct. Has any one go tthis kit in there car and is any good? Also anyone else know of an induction kit for 1.4CL 8v.

http://ibizamk2.co.uk/Airfilters.htm

There is also the K&N 57i one for the mk4 polo. Could of sworn I had the part # for it once :s

update:
K&N 57i Induction Kit VW Polo 1.4i & 1.6i 8v (MPI ONLY) 1994->

Could be that one but won't work for all 1.4 engines. Should work for the AEX engines which are multipoint. Not sure which other engines in the 1.4 range are MPI or SPI to be honest apart from the AEX which is the only engine I have ever had in my 1.4's :(

Last edited:

ibizaSquint

i think mines a mono point, you wouldnt know how i could tell would you?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
http://ibizamk2.co.uk/Airfilters.htm

There is also the K&N 57i one for the mk4 polo. Could of sworn I had the part # for it once :s

update:
K&N 57i Induction Kit VW Polo 1.4i & 1.6i 8v (MPI ONLY) 1994->

Could be that one but won't work for all 1.4 engines. Should work for the AEX engines which are multipoint. Not sure which other engines in the 1.4 range are MPI or SPI to be honest apart from the AEX which is the only engine I have ever had in my 1.4's :(

i think mines a mono point, you wouldnt know how i could tell would you?

As for telling the difference, on the green cotton website there is an induction kit fitting guide for both the multipoint and monopoint engines. You should get an idea from them which engine you have.

My engine code is APQ and according to the haynes manual it is a multipoint engine.

Im pretty positive aswell cos ive looked at a picture of both the multipoint and monopoint engine and mine is nothing like the monopoint, its exactly the same as the multipoint.

I think all the 1.4 engines from 1998 were multipoint, aint positive tho!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.