Goodyear Eagle F1 - new tyres please help

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
Happy Christmas all!

I am off to France in a couple of days and my front tyres are down to about 3mm. I have noticed that it is getting difficult to find traction and is a bit disconcerting round corners so new rubber is needed today before my autoroute storming!

The question is - i know it has been covered a million times before but please can anyone recommend which tryres they would put on the front of an FR TDi. I am incredibly tempted by the Goodyear Eagle F1????

Quick please help so i can get them ordered. :p

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
Just spoken to Demon Tweaks down the road they have suggested that the Toyo's would be a better choice as due to their good perfomance in the wet?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
sicasey said:
Just spoken to Demon Tweaks down the road they have suggested that the Toyo's would be a better choice as due to their good perfomance in the wet?

Only if you go for the T1-R NOT T1-S

The old T1-S wears more quickly and although it has great dry performance the wet performance is eclipsed by the newer T1-R.

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
i have goodyear eagle f1's all round & they are fantastic.
go for them m8, you will not be disappointed.

steve.

Clarkie172

goodyears are excellent tyres. as said, dont get the T1s's they are quite bad in the wet

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
Hmm - not sure which tyres to go for now.............I dont think i would trust Kwik-Fit to do the tyres especially when it comes to wheel balancing.

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
Just replaced my OEM Michelin Pilots yesterday (front pair) with Goodyear F1's yesterday (94 squid each fully fitted).

First impressions very nice and do feel more secure than the Pilots (although my nearside one had got to 1.4mm -- ooops how naughty of me) - thought 16K miles was pretty good for a set of tyres with the way I drive.

Anyway - so far so good. Although there's been some on here lately bigging-up the Dunlop Sport SP9000.

Happy Xmas,

MARK

slinger

Dec 18, 2005
north of watford
.......anyone tried pzero corsas??? i like the rossos in the dry BUT hate 'em in the wet!!!!! and unfortunately it rains a fair old bit where i live!!!!!!!!!

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
I dont have any expericnce with the Eagle F1's, on my Mini cooper i opted for a set of 18" Toyo T1R's, after coming from a set of P-Zeros.

It was a toss up between the T1r's and Eagle F1s. Choice made easier when i couldnt get the F1s in the size i wanted. Also worked out to be just over £30 quid cheaper per tyre (trade price) this was however a few days after they came out in the UK.

But the T1R's are a truly amazing tyre, the grip is just something else. Could put power down much ealier both in the wet and dry.

The wet performance was stunning, just looking back inthe rear view mirror to see 2 long tracks.

Ive gotta repalce my Bridgestone S03's and 1 P-Zero in the new year, i would deffintly have the T1R;s again,

Rob

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
Another vote for F1's, got them on my Octy vRS and they are soooooooooo much metter than trhe contis that came off, and cheaper too! wet and dry performance is amazing, my bro has also just put them on his 180bhp mx5 after swearing by yoko's transformed his car as well.
F1's are going on from now on

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members