• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Gesr Selector-"drive on but visit workshop" error

Oct 18, 2024
So the latest electrical error in my seat leon phev lemon (which likes to select a new electrical error message at random every ride) is the Gear Selector issue...drive on but visit workshop..500 kms.later finally drove to the dealer, who said it wasnt broken but may well soon, so advised me to fix it, for 750 euros..
Any experience of this? Im thinking if plugging into an engine fault reader and resetting tonsee if the error comes back but its not clear how they can say an (automatic) gear selector is "about to fail??
Oh and now the "sos call" also has an error message. Ffs.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Oct 18, 2024
Sorry..to introduce myself: im.james, lived in mallorca for the last 25 years where inran hotels..pretty much retired now I hope. Not a huge car nut but as an ex engineer i like to think im mechanically adept. But im not :)

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Sounds like the 'gearbox error' thread posted here:

with a solution if you are confident in diagnosing and dismantling your car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members