Gearbox error p27f500 solution

donzi84

Jun 30, 2024
Hello here the document for the solution of the problem P27F500. It is in russian but I have traslate it:

Gear Selector Repair OCTAVIA A8 / Event P27F500

This instruction applies when the following records are present in the transmission control unit (TCU) event recorder during the initial diagnosis:

• P27F500: Selector block solenoid 1 is stuck in the open position
Additionally, the following events may be present:

• P271100: Invalid gear shifting
  • P07E400: Park position not engaging
  • P07E600: Park position locking
  • P288A00: Parking lock actuator - short to positive
  • P288B00: Parking lock actuator - invalid signal
  • P288900: Parking lock actuator - short to ground
If other events related to the selector are present, it is recommended to contact the Technical Support Service of the Importer through the DISS system to agree on further actions.

Repair Instructions

1. Remove the selector cover with the selector lever -EX2- (Pos. 1 in the image) according to the ESLA Pro repair manual.
  2. Remove the solenoid from the selector cover. To do this, insert a hook -3438- under the solenoid's metal plate above the connector in the direction indicated by arrow -1- in the photo. Then, pull the hook up and, alternating the movement to the right and left, gradually pull the solenoid up (according to arrow -2-) from the selector cover.
  3. Using a needle of the appropriate size, bend the contacts until full contact is achieved. Check that the contact tabs are not deformed.
  4. Clean the solenoid contacts and the corresponding pins in the selector body with a contact cleaner.
  5. Apply protective grease to the solenoid connector contacts. See the recommendations for grease use at the end of the document.

Further Steps

1. Create two loops about 70 mm on the side with two 2.5*200 mm plastic ties (see photo).
  2. Insert the tie loops under the side latches of the solenoid on the selector cover (see photo).
  3. Degrease the external side surfaces of the solenoid and the inner surface of its housing, as well as the outer sides of the solenoid latches in the cover.
  4. Apply two points of polyurethane adhesive for bonding glass or D_511500A2 adhesive in the lower corners of each side of the solenoid (4 points in total). Diameter of the points 4-5 mm, height 4-5 mm.
  5. Carefully install the solenoid into the selector cover. Make sure the latches on the body are secured.
  6. Pass a third tie through the loops of the two previously installed ties and close the lock (see photo). The lock of the central tie should face the direction of the vehicle's movement.
  7. Gradually tighten the side ties and adjust the position of all three ties to achieve the following result:
  • The central tie must wrap both solenoid latches.
  • The side ties prevent the central one from slipping off the latches. The locks of the side ties should be just below the upper edge of the latch.
  1. Carefully tighten the central tie to further tighten the solenoid latches. Do this gradually, in several steps, checking the correct position of the tie on the latches. If necessary, adjust (position and tension) the two side ties and the central one. Do not apply excessive force during tightening to avoid breaking the tie or causing it to slip off the latches.
  2. Cut off the excess tie, leaving 3-5 mm after the lock.
  • Recommendation: To practice tie installation, it is recommended to perform steps 6-13 without applying adhesive (step 9) on the solenoid. Once practiced, repeat steps 6-13 with adhesive application.
  1. Reassemble in reverse order.
  2. Wait at least 2 hours for the adhesive to cure.
  3. Clear the recorded events from all control units. Perform a test drive in all modes. Stop at least 10 times and engage the park position.

Work Execution Times

• 15000000: Guided fault finding ZE according to protocol
  • 37121900: Dismantling and reassembling the selector lever cover - 20 ZE
  • 37031999: Electrical system repair - 50 ZE

Recommendations for the Use of Protective Grease for Contacts

• It is recommended to use Molykote HSC Plus paste.
  • Available in various sizes (100 g, 20 ml, 10 ml)
  • Molykote HSC Plus is also available under the trade name ELP Imaging Premium (packaged in 10 ml syringes).
  • If purchasing grease in tubes (100 g) or jars (20 ml), it is recommended to transfer it to a 10 ml syringe for ease of use.
  • Apply the grease directly to the contacts in the solenoid connector. Avoid applying excessive amounts of grease.
  • The grease consumption is about 0.1 - 0.2 ml per car.

Attachments

• SK_RU_2207_03_4_я_версия_Ремонт_селектора_КПП_OCTAVIA_A8_Событие.pdf
    974.7 KB · Views: 354

dan.cupra

Nov 5, 2023
Hi @donzi84

I have the same error and I've removed the selector cover but then I came across some plastic cover which seems to be fixed with the side panels but not entirely sure. Any idea if I have to remove the side panels also to reach the solenoid ?

Attachments

• IMG_6533.jpeg
    IMG_6533.jpeg
    853.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6530.jpeg
    IMG_6530.jpeg
    648.3 KB · Views: 25

donzi84

Jun 30, 2024

1725473394746.png

is this video useful? you have to open this hole. Could you please make a video to how open the console for all the next people?

Reactions: dan.cupra

dan.cupra

Nov 5, 2023

View attachment 44223

is this video useful? you have to open this hole. Could you please make a video to how open the console for all the next people?
Kinda...looks like the dude broke the upper part covering the access to the solenoid. If that's the easiest way to get to the solenoid I might break it too.
I'll make a video once I get the job done. Meanwhile I have to order the grease.

Thanks a lot for sharing the guide.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 20.37.18.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 20.37.18.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 14

dan.cupra

Nov 5, 2023
I managed to fix the issue by following the steps provided by @donzi84 in the first post.

Few things to mention:

1. The selector cover is very easy to remove with a thin tool by inserting it between than small gap as shown in the phot. After pulling up, you can now pull with both hands gently towards you.
2. Remove all connectors or keep those two USB C and Wireless charger plugged in as I did
3. There is a cover restricting access to the solenoid. I see here two options: the easy way or the more time consuming way (I choose the first). With a preheated cutter blade I managed to cut those plastic parts quite easily. If you don’t have a lighter and a blade you can use a sharp wire cutter.
4. The most difficult part was to remove the solenoid as I didn’t had the hook tool (shown in the russian document) but something similar. I took a photo of the solenoid part number in case someone is looking to order one.
5. Once removed I used a contact spray to clean the contacts and then I applied a tiny layer of copper spray before inserting back
6. Last step I also used some zip tight as described in the document.

Final note: if you have the time and patience I think it will be much easier to remove the solenoid if you remove all the side panels as you will have more space and you don’t have to break that plastic cover.

So far I only drove 40km today and did 4-5 starts and error didn’t popped out (until today each time I started the engine the error occurred)

Attachments

• IMG_6551.jpeg
    IMG_6551.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6552.jpeg
    IMG_6552.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6553.jpeg
    IMG_6553.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6532.jpeg
    IMG_6532.jpeg