Full 3" Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust - Feeler

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Just been speaking to a well known exhaust company about a full 3" turbo back exhaust system, and they said if there was enough demand they'd be tempted to produce one. I'm trying to convince them that there will be a fair amount of demand but thought i'd check.

So who would be interested? There would also be a sports cat and de-cat option. There are no prices at the moment but I reckon it'd be around £600~650 for a turbo back with a sports cat and possibly around £500~550 for the de-cat option.

I'm certainly interested and would be willing to give them my car to make the exhaust off.

Ibiza Cupra

Wot company is it???? Would they do an oval exit???? Will need one eventually!!! May as well get the whole exhaust at once. Wot is the advantage over sports cat??? Much difference??? Would a sport cat pass MOT??? Is that the only advantage.

claudefrog

Oct 23, 2005
At home
www.reallymeansounds.com
what sort of clearance issues will there be over the rear axle?

i know my 2.25 is close when car is wound down on the coilovers. and i think some people even get the dreaded exhaust knocking when lowered as little as 35mm

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Judging by their previous system's it'll be Oval. :D

The sports CAT passes an MOT, De-cat will not. And going by their previous system which i have experience with they'll give an acceptable exhaust note too.

Ibiza Cupra

I was thinking of blue flame. Don't know whether i need a 3" exhaust after reading some other threads. only if ur running over 350bhp? Is this correct?? Cos i'll never have that much cos i'd probably kill myself in FWD!!

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
it wouldnt be worth it really ive got the full blueflame system and it knocks sometimes and that 2.75 so a 3" would knock like hell

flashbsd

yeah may as well get a 3" DP from blueflame and just get a 2.75 inch cat back, will notice no difference i doubt unless your the likes of bill :)

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
It's blueflame I'm talking about, been on the phone to Nige and he's pretty sure they don't produce a full 3" Blue Flame Turbo Back system... if anyone knows any different let me know.

Also the 2.75" system is aparently 2.75" at the down pipe and 2.5" from the cat back.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
it wouldnt be worth it really ive got the full blueflame system and it knocks sometimes and that 2.75 so a 3" would knock like hell

mine however is full 3" and does'nt knock at all, lowered into the weeds.
all down to quality of manufacture AND fitment.

its very close to the rear beam however.

2.5" is going to be adequate for most peeps.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
It's blueflame I'm talking about, been on the phone to Nige and he's pretty sure they don't produce a full 3" Blue Flame Turbo Back system... if anyone knows any different let me know.

Also the 2.75" system is aparently 2.75" at the down pipe and 2.5" from the cat back.

he's made em before on a previous GB.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise