• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Front Breaks

Keef83

Nov 25, 2008
Maidstone
Just had a reminder call from my stealer as I took by FR in for a service before Christmas and they gave me a list of recommended work including new tyres full front breaks and something else.

Any way they have just called me back to remind me (quite nice I thought) so I got my quote for new front breaks £195 this is for full pads and disks.

I was just wondering if disks will really be required I know they always say yes due to wear but is it really necessary? Also is £195 a good price? I am not really that good at maintenance so would not like to do this myself really. Live in Maidstone area work in Croydon if anyone knows of any other good garages to get the work done cheaper.

Any advise welcome, thanks in advance.

BLITZ2703

i used this site when i moved house.......

(goodgaragescheme.com)

put the www before.

Aimez

Is that all parts including labour and VAT? I would always ask for price for parts and then separate price of labour then you can hunt round and compare. Course they will remind you it's how they get business I am in in the service industry I spend all day reminding people to come in. I also always give price for parts then labour and VAT so they understand.
Most garages will recommend doing discs at the same time as pads. Sounds about right price, I spent about double that 2 years ago but got front and rears done at once couple of hours labour.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.