From resonated to non resonated...

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
Got it swopped over today. My lcr is decated so before with the resonated section is sounded quite nice, now av put the non resonated on i'm not sure if i like the sound and noise. Its quite a bit louder then a non resonated with a sport cat. I'd say its made it not a sharp and also mpg not as good. Does this make sense? I know ultimatly i need a sports cat but at 560 quid there not cheap.

Aug 24, 2007
so effectively you have two straight through sections ? Could give the ECU a headache for a while I think, have you done a reset just so it learns the new set up ?

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
No how would i do that? Vag com? Psi tuning are going to have a little play with it on monday because its got a custom stage 2 they have said they can do that so we'll see. Yeah basically straight through. I ordered the section about 6wks ago but miltek never had any. I paid for it up front. Gave my mate ago the other day, i stood outside and couldn't believe how good it sounded. So am a bit gutted. May get it taken off. Do you think the ecu would just adjust over time?

Aug 24, 2007
ecu reset is easy, negative lead off the battery for about 20 minutes, make sure you have the radio code if its still standard.

Not sure about back pressure, I'm still learning as well :)

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
Can i still do an ecu reset and not wipe the map? Me and you both pal

Apr 12, 2008
Do the 1.8 t work better with more back pressure?

with a stonking lump of turbo directly after the exhaust ports of your engine blocking the flow of gasses, back pressure isn't something you really have to worry about.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.