FR TFSI is rapid and I love it :)

steve998

My FR has now done 6000 miles and feels much quicker than new. I still cant believe how good value the car is. I used to have a westfield sports car which was a real blast to drive, however i needed something a bit more practical. The FR IMHO is such a well balanced combination of power, handling and practicality.

I was tempted to buy a S1 Lotus Elise as a fun car (and a bog standard astra for day to day driving) but was surpised to find out that the FR is quicker 0 - 100 mph (Weighing in at a mere 755kg, the Elise could sprint from 0-60mph in 5.8 seconds, 0-100 in 18 and reach 126mph).

Until I can afford something with real power (ie 300hp BMW 135i) the FR is the car for me. The performance and practicality of a Golf GTi, the looks of the Scirroco for £17k. BARGAIN performance car.

DandB

My other car
Jul 20, 2007
London
Glad you like it! I also found it to tick most boxes, power, handling and practicality. I can drive the wife and kid sensibly then turn heavy footed when the time pleases! Cupra can get you 300bhp+ after a remap! :funk:

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
Any Pics

Hi Steve glad to hear you are so impressed after being a westfield owner(always fancied building one myself with 16v astra gte engine a few years back now) test drove the lotus but needed heavy clutch foot loved the handling though.. only a week and a half to go now b4 collection any pics of yours??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise