• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

FR TFSI Brake discs and pads which ones to go for

imz26

Apr 4, 2015
Birmingham
Hi, i have a leon fr tfsi 2007 totally stock no mods running original 197bhp and have nearly done 20,000 miles in it and never changed the brakes and the brakes just dont feel sharp in the past 3-4000 miles and when i brake hard they grind and car moves side to side.

Due to the car being original 197bhp which are the best brakes pads and discs to go for nothing on the whole forum regarding which brakes to go for p.s never replaced brakes in my life this is my first car.

Also the car does get driven hard on short roads and i need to stop quick lol.

I have seen eicher discs and pads all around for £98 with discount on ecp or brembo all around for £176.

Darbo

May 24, 2015
To be honest if your brakes are grinding and throwing the car from side to side go to wherever you're going to get your brakes from, give them your registration and buy whatever they turn up with and fit them before you use the car again. You don't need the latest and greatest discs and pads because your car is standard, just get them done before you have an accident.