• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Model Year 23/24 Formentor: How to tune the center vent flow?

Sep 9, 2024
Hi,

I'm struggling with adjusting the center vents air flow, on the dashboard.
Direction can be adjusted with center knob of the vents, But I can't adjust the flow. I went in the MMI screen in the climate control menu, but there's only 2 possible settings: ON / OFF. BTW, it's not that quick (I regret the good old mechnical adjustment wheel :LOL:, instead of clicking on 2-3 apps on the center screen). And it controls simultaneoulsy both side and center vents (independently for driver & front passenger).
I can't get full flow on both side vents (to avoid fog on side windows) and a very low flow (or even no flow at all) on one or both center vents.
There's nevertheless a 3-level fan speed setting, but it looks like that's for the complete air cabin flow, not just a single vent.

Shall I understand, that a fine flow adjustement is not possible at all? Just ON/OFF?

Thanks in advance

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Well you can manually close the vent for no flow.
That should increase the airflow for rest of the open vents.
Fine tuning airflow independently is not possible as far as I understand.
I have not played with it anyway.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
I think you move all the way to left it closes the vent or to right don't remember.
They close the air flow in opposite directions, which kind of makes sense...
IIRC the max air flow is when you have the adjustment-tab towards the driver/passenger on the corresponding vent, and it is closed when the adj.-tab is away from the driver/passenger.
Moving the tab from one side to the other, also adjusts the air flow from max to zero - it's not only direction adjustment.