• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Formentor Faults

Nov 29, 2021
Since we got our Formentor V1 in June, we have had numerous faults / glitches that I know have been mentioned on here a few times but looking at the threads I cannot find if there was ever a solution and wondered if anyone knew what the solution if any is for the faults we have experienced,

1) The Keyless entry sometimes work and sometimes doesn't, you can press the lock button and it will double lock so it can sense the key fob but it will still not unlock, only from pressing the button on the fob.
2) The parking sensors generally don't work and when going into reverse it pings up a warning message saying "parking functions is not available".
3) If often reads the speeds limits and displays them in KMH.

The system info is currently ;
Hardware - H56
Software - 1803
Display unit/Control panel hardware - H43
Display unit/Control panel software - 6074
Nav database - 20.3
Media Codec - 3.1.4

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2021
Im still on a wait for my Leon Estate VZ, but regards the 1. Fault.
What do you mean pressing, and it double locks.

if you mean the door handle and want to unlock the car, you dont have to press the touch button.
VAG has made, that if you want to unlock the car, just grab the handle (dont press the button), touch button is just for locking the car..

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
1. There's patch for Keyless but in my case it's worse than before.
3. Supposedly, patch available in December.

More in System Errors thread.

Depeare

Feb 18, 2022
Woking
Have you had a purple screen yet, if you do press and hold the off button for about 15 secs then the screen will go black then it takes a few seconds but will then reboot. Then will get back to the right screen.