• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Formentor 310hp model losing torque in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

Jun 26, 2024
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new here so please accept my apologies if this was previously discussed (I wasn't able to find this information prior to raising this thread).

I have the 310hp 2021 model and about 3 months ago I've started experiencing some issues. I'm not sure how to best explain this, but when accelerating (pushing the throttle pedal anywhere from 10% to 80% in) I'm getting some weird issues like the car is losing and gaining torque. It always happens when in gear 1 to 3 and mainly right before it switches over to the next gear, the rest are fine (worth mentioning this tends to happen more in comfort mode). Has anyone else experienced this and went to check it out? What was the issue if yes.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Just once. Same Formentor model and year.

Individual mode = Engine in comfort, gearbox D.

I accelerated briefly at 100% throttle (likely with the kickdown switch activated) after turning into a side road from low speed, then I reduced my throttle to about 60% after 2nd gear, to modulate the acceleration down from blistering to reasonable lol. The following change from 2nd to 3rd significantly cut the acceleration and power so much that the nose dipped.

If I had to guess, the gearbox decided to make 2nd to 3rd an "economical shift" at lower revs in that moment, maybe because it expects my regular driving style in that comfort mode. But I haven't been able to recreate the issue again.

[DSG reset / relearn could be an applicable solution]

I had this done in the past by the dealership once, as part of a diagnosis into a something completely unrelated! I was just told the car would feel weird for a bit. I didn't discover this was the reason until much later as I had no gearbox issues.

Some guides suggest this can be done with control input sequence, otherwise use OBD11 to basic set the DSG.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2024
Thanks @Karbonfaiba . It's hard not to kickdown this beast tbh lol. Mine seems to be doing it every time. It's not as abrupt as you mention, maybe something I didn't mention before is that this happens only for a brief period of time like a torque micro-cut, unsure whether that's a thing lol.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.