• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Floor mats

Skute

Aug 21, 2004
Midlands, UK
Hi, you know the fitted floor mats you can get? Well you know the little holes at the bottom, that go over the little pegs in the floor. Do they just "sit" over those pegs, or is there a way to actually screw them down? i tried twisting the pegs coming out the floor but they didnt seem to budge...
:cheers:

TheUnixKid

Feb 11, 2004
UK
Visit site
Once the mat is situated over the top of the peg on the floor twist the top of the peg and it will secure the mat down. It does on mine anyway.

Smoggy

Leon Mats

I was supplied Leon mats with my Cupra150TDI. Not Cupra mats. The fixings are different. I had to remove plastic grommets from the mats and modify them.

neilmcl

Apr 18, 2004
Skute, what shape are your pegs, round or oval?

If it's the old round pegs then push the mat down onto the peg until it clicks. If it's the new oval pegs then twist the catch on the mat itself until it locks onto the peg.

cupra-tdi

Skute said:
Hi, you know the fitted floor mats you can get? Well you know the little holes at the bottom, that go over the little pegs in the floor. Do they just "sit" over those pegs, or is there a way to actually screw them down? i tried twisting the pegs coming out the floor but they didnt seem to budge...

i hate my teacher cause I can´t understand you :confused: :confused: :confused:

lars

Skute

Aug 21, 2004
Midlands, UK
hmm, think i might need to get a photo of it to better explain, i seem to have neither things which have been described!

Davidp

Owl Member
Sep 14, 2004
Wirral
Skute said:

Hi Skute :says in your profile you have a toyota corrola maybe thats why the leon mats dont fit!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously though the standard leon mat has round holes which are a push fit onto round pegs on the floor. Sometimes the peg can detach if you try to get the mats off so I assume seat 'improved' them by fitting oval pegs with a twist lock on the top. I think this happened sometime in 2004 and all the latest leon mats have oval holes. The new mats are not interchangeable.

cheers, dave

Skute

Aug 21, 2004
Midlands, UK
o really? must change that then hehe.

well my car is 01, so not exactly sure, the mats i got were from SEAT so you'd think they would be compatible!! ive tried pushing the mats firmly onto the pegs, nothing happens and ive tried twisting the peg when the mat is over it but i cant actually get hold of the peg because its totally covered. will go grab a couple of photos soon to explain...

neilmcl

Apr 18, 2004
If it'sa MY01 then the pegs should be the old round sort. If, and I'm assuming, you've be given the old type of mat with the round holes just push the hole onto the peg as hard as you can until it clicks. Pressing down with your foot will do the trick. If fitted correctly the top of the peg should be flush with the top of the mat.

BTW have you definately got the old style OEM Leon mats with the round fixing holes?

Skute

Aug 21, 2004
Midlands, UK
no the mats have oblong holes...im sure ive got incompatible types here hehe. i bought the mats only a few weeks ago from SEAT so chances are theyve given me the new style...

Davidp

Owl Member
Sep 14, 2004
Wirral
Skute said:
no the mats have oblong holes...im sure ive got incompatible types here hehe. i bought the mats only a few weeks ago from SEAT so chances are theyve given me the new style...

Sounds like it. Somehow I doubt you will be the only customer to be given the wrong carpets! :blink:
Cheers, Dave

Smoggy

He isn't, las I said I was given round hole mats on 1st sept with my new cupra. I filed them oval.

Skute

Aug 21, 2004
Midlands, UK
sod that, not ruining my nice interior ;)
the mats stick down because the backs of them have got some sticky(ish) material on them so not that worried ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.