Fitting D/V and S/S

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
Hi guys its me, Dan the guy with NO mechanical experience or knowledge what so ever. Can anyone hlep me by fitting my DV and Short shifter at some point this month. I will pay £40, just dont want to send it to the garage down the road cos i think he'l charge much more. Or does anyone know anywhere where i can get it fitted for a reasonable price. I live in Havant, nr Pompey. Thanks, hope some kind soul can help me. Dan Also im insured with Noel DAzely, i WILL be informing them, but does anyone know what sort of price increase i can expect so i can put it to one side.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
There are a few members in your area so I'm sure somebody will be able to help. I'd offer myself but I'm led up in bed after a knee op. If all else fails, take it to JKM in Portsmouth and they will do it I'm sure... details in their own supplier forum section.

As for insurance, best thing to do is call them and see for yourself. Probably best to do this before you get the bits fitted though, just in case there are any problems.

Kris

ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!
Nov 21, 2003
North Essex
Visit site
Have a go yourself! It really is easy! & I'm the worst at anything mechanical.

There are guides on the main page for the SS fitting.

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
just been in touch with Noel Dazely, and for the two mods, they are not going to charge any extra on my policy. How cool is that.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
its not physically possible to mess up fitting the d/v
even me, an angry yorkshireman managed it with no trouble

s/s can be daunting but with a hand its easy (says me, i paid for it fitted for me, but i had other stuff done at same time)

Chaz

Noel Dazley are good... I use them as well and they are local to me so I can just go in and chat to them!

As said, fitting the dv and ss is very simple (just don't lose the clip from your shifter). my offer to help stands if you want it.

Cheers

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
just getting in touch with jkm to see how much they are going to charge me. may even see if they can put the car on rolling road.

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
well, can i gegt in touch with you when i return from my holiday. Thats very kind of ya, mayb i could buy some lunch or something. will be in touch soon. cheers chaz. Dan

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
(just don't lose the clip from your shifter).

does anyone know the part number for the clip??? :whistle:

It was missing before i fitted my short shift! (honest!)

i've driven with one clip missing for 3 months with no ill effects but i'd rather it be on than not

Deleted member 7729

well, can i gegt in touch with you when i return from my holiday. Thats very kind of ya, mayb i could buy some lunch or something. will be in touch soon. cheers chaz. Dan

JKM are very good. There sorting out my car today:

Discs and pads all round
Koni FSD shock and Eibach springs
Cambet and water pump
60k service
New S front badge after so ******* stole it last year.
MOT

Then on the 2nd March

Short shifter and S3 upper strut brace :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I would offer to help fit it all mate, but unfortunately finding time in my constantly busy schedule (even at weekends at the mo :( ) is a hard task.

However, if worst comes to worst, let me know when you are fitting it and I'll see if I am about.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
On the other note - I'm with Noel Dazely - no extra premium for me either :)
I use JKM loads - I expect they can probably fit both SS and DV for you in less than an hour... (thats my guess though)

Deleted member 7729

I pay people like JKM cause a) I don't have the knowledge and b) because I haven't got time to learn

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
cheers for all the help and advice guys, my car is being fixed at moment, some idiot ran into the back of me on tuesday, so i have Golf Tdi on hire. SOOooooo missing my car and the power.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.