falken vs toyo

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
after some looking at tyre reviews.co.uk, these two seemed like decent ones, without excess spendage,

Falken FK452 & toyo T1R

any opinions between these two ?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I have never had T1Rs however I had Eagle F1s and Falkens. I would say Falken 452s actually grip a bit better in the dry than the F1s. However I have heard for ultimate dry grip the toyo's are the best.

Guesty6

I have had both of the above and they are both a decent tyre, I think the Toyos were slighly better in the dry, Falkens in the wet from memory.

Falkens are usually slightly cheaper though...

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
to be honest in normal/fast road conditions your not going to notice much difference in reasonable weather between the better (more expensive) brands. so long as you stear clear of the really cheap stuff you'll do fine. the main key to their grip being the tread surface area and and tyre aspect ratio/pofile.
There really isnt that much of a difference in friction coefficients as the tyres all have to last quite
a few miles and so having similar compounds unlike race tyres with varying compounds. once the tyres wear dont to a few mm you'll have even more grip than a new tyre on the positive and they'll be better able to disapate the heat alowing goot tyre temps for grip with out melting/beeding rubber causing the tyre to slip. however the ball game changes inthe wet. low tread = low tyre temps meaning less grip. also the treads ability to disapate the water from between the tyre and road is compramises so you can get aqua plaining etc and as a result vastly increased braking distances and reduced cornering speeds.
however if your into track days then the more expensive rubber will shine through. the only advantage of the cheapies being you'll have more in the piggy bank for other mods etc!

when all's said and done your possibly (and contravertially) better spending good money else where such as suspension if your car is never going to leave the road!
**in my opinion anyways**

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I've just changed from cheapo to F1 Asyms and in the dry there is actually very little difference in grip levels, there is slightly more feel though. But tyre quality only really shows up in damp/wet conditions and this is where the F1's really show what your paying for.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise