Falken FK452s

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
Well i have finally bitten the bullet and bought a set of 4 tyres.. Mainly as now i have almost slicks all round and a touch hairy in the wet:drive2:! So i went for a set of falkens. I fitted the rears today, NOT a fun job! Will fit fronts tomorow.. :cry: If any1 has fitted them to there cars, any comments?? Wear well?

Timmbo71

Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
£260 direct from falken! Plus fitting them myself, as a mechanic! so saving a few £££ on fitting... Mind you really nervous about damaging alloys doing it as had refurb! Good tyre tho yeah?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
yea great tyre m8.

I paid £280 fitted, and by the sounds of it that £20 for fitting was worth it! ;)

Timmbo71

Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
£20 sound like a true bargin mate... The old tyres are so flaming tight, i guess as are like elastic bands. look good on the rim tho.. better than the old Pirelli P Zero Rosso rubbish i had on the back.

Timmbo71

Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
Yeah the gear we go is ok... not looking forward to fitting the rest tho. hay ho, sure they will look fine after i do them.. so badly hope dnt hurt my rims tho. Wot dealer u work for dude?

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
how many people still rate these tyres on a remapped LCR ?

anyone find the acceleration out of corners hairy in wet and dry compared with the zero's?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The Rossos imo wear funny, worn in the middle and plenty on the sides. Not the first to comment on that plus they seem iffy in the wet to me.

It's not due to pressures either as I check every week, 33 all round.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
the rosso's are a good tyre just not on the leon.
certain tyres perform differently on different cars

well said!

imo i think the rosso's just didn't suit the LCR and were simply "ok" if that!

the falken 452s seam to handle my stage 2 power very well in both wet and dry conditions and around corners etc much better than the rosso's ever could!

so therefore i think the falkens suit the LCR very well and also happen to be very good value for money! :yes:

they definitely punch above their weight I would say and are on par with tyres costing around the £100 mark! (eagles/pilot sport/toyo's etc)

Lee M

I'm going to try the 452's next time. Saw them up at trax this year, had a chat with the guy on the stand and they sound really good.

I have GSD3's all round at the moment, bt i've nearlly scrubbed a front set out (about 2.5mm left) that were fitted in January, only doing about 5k!!! :-o

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
bugger. i'll give them a try next time round, especially as i'll have stage 2 by then.

on the bright side, it's only the fronts i changed, so the rears will want changing soon, anyway.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.