Falken FK452's on an LCR

Edward McFadyen

I have just put a new set of tires on my LCR and chose the Falken FK452's. I used to have Goodyear F1's on my Impreza and I was annoyed with them. The tires would last about 2 months before I got a puncture in the side wall so had to fork out and buy new ones. I switched to the FK451's and was really impressed.

I went to order a set of 451's and found out they have been replaced with the 452's so went ahead with them.

I have now had the 452's on for a few days and I am impressed with the grip. The only thing is that they produce a lot of road noise. Not sure if it's because they are new or what. Anyone else had the same problem?

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Well, at the price that you can get them for compared with any others, toyo's etc, then if there even "alright" then i'll have a go with some when the time comes!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I've always thought it is worth spending more to get the best when it comes to tyres. From my own experience I can tell you that Falken tyres are good, I've had them on cars before and was impressed. But they aren't in the same league as the likes of Toyo, Goodyear and Yokohama.

There are only four things on my car that are in contact with the road, four things that will dictate how the car drives, stops, goes around corners and deals with bad weather. So those four things should be the most important purchases with no expense spared.

All in my opinion, of course :)

chrisspayne

i can get 225/40-r18 branded tyres for £35 and they are shi* hot

pog2000

I replaced all 4 tyres with Faulken 451's in july and been very happy with the results not to mention the saving (purchased from black circles)

Math

used to have 451's on my 200sx and the rears last 5-6k pushing 260bhp with a couple of track days as well! very pleased with the grip if a little slippy in the wet!

have ordered 4 452's for my Leon and reckon they should be as good as the 451's. good price for what they are!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members