Falken FK452 Vs ZE912 Tyres

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
Hey guys,

Well I've finally got my new 18's on & they came as a wheel & tyre package last week with what I can only describe as THE worst tyres in the history of cars (Fullrun 199 things) they have no grip whatsoever & the car is IMO whoelly undriveable with them on & in this current weather I'm kinda scared for my own safety :(:(

So what I want now is to replace all 4 with something much better.

Camskill do the FK452's for £61.50 per corner delivered or the ZE912 for £57.70

I know the FK's are highly regarded on here & I just wanted to make sure they were the best option or are the ZE's just as good??

Failing that is there anything else I should consider for around the £60-£70 mark??

Thanks for any help.

Neil

steve_p

Genesis Nut
May 3, 2008
I'm on FK 452's all round and have found plenty of grip. Not tried the ZE's though so can't compare.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I would personally try the 912's. Probee has 912's and he prefered them to 452s especially in dmap / greasy conditions for grip. He is pushing 283BHP through the front wheels.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I really like the FK's but am watching this thread with interest :D
When I bought my last set the 912's had only just come out but were supposed to be a 'less sports' orientated tyre.
They might be better suited to greasy damp conditions but I find the FK's fine even on the icy roads over the last few weeks. Also running stage 2 :).

Aug 24, 2007
Hiya Neil, evil twin no2 here:D

The 912's are pretty good in the dry but don't have the same wet weather grip of the 452's.

Got them on the back now due to a wobbly wheel and they seem to be lasting well.

Overall opinion is a good tyre but nowhere near as grippy as the 452

Last edited:

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
Hiya Neil, evil twin no2 here:D

The 912's are pretty good in the dry but don't have the same wet weather grip of the 452's.

Got them on the back now due to a wobbly wheel and they seem to be lasting well.

Overall opinion is a good tyre but nowhere near as grippy as the 452

Hey Mylo,

Long time no speak :)
Hadnt really seen you around on AV Forums lately :)
Hope your enjoying your one?

I may still sway towards the 452's because they do still seem like the weapon of choice ;)

Thanks for all the input so far guys...keep opionins coming it's much appreciated

Neil

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
I had FK452 (Vee pattern) all round, then replaced the worn fronts with ZE912 (Assymetrical pattern) and rotated the new tyres to the rear as is recommended.
Had them on for about 6 months now and not noticed any real difference in performance having come from the FK's, not that I drive like a loon, but the fairly fast & twisty commute to & from work hasn't thrown up any handling surprises.
There's not loads on the internet but having read they're more of an all season tyre, quieter that the FK452 and should last longer I took a punt. Oh and being £10 a corner cheaper helped as well.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members