Falken FK 452 any good ???

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
Afternoon,

I am needing to change me two front tyres on my LC, standard 16" and i have seen the above FK452 for under £50 each on camskill (delivery only).

Anyway i am sure this has been asked before,but are these tyres any good ?

acs87

in a word, yes!!!
i have had these tyres on my car for nearly 10,000 miles and i have still got pleanty of tread and there are still gripping well.
camskill also have an excelent service. very efficient.

Alex

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
I would also agree. i have had them on my older Saab 900, and they wore well and are a nice looking tyre. Look good on the rim i think.
Now got them on the LCR and they are nice.. grip well, better than the useless Pirellis i had on it before!!

mind you, they are wearing on the inner edge again..Something else i gotta do when i have a spare hour!!

super cupra R

Diesel Power
Apr 23, 2006
Hampshire
When i bought my LCR it needed new tyres so i went for the Falkens, they have worn well and have only just replaced the fronts. My bosses bro is a mechanic and said he could get us a good deal on tyres, when i told him i wanted Falkens he said they were a load of s**t (they were right down to the limit and still gripped in the wet. s**t my arse!:moon:) and he could get nokians :confused: for less and they were a lot better, needless to say i went else where and am stoll rolling on the Falkens.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Another vote for the Falkens, for the price and service offered by Camskills I don't think you can do any better. Grip is excellent, much less wheel spin than I was getting on the Pirelli's.

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Can I add another :yes: to the thread..

had all four changed just before Christmas and now they are properly scrubbed they are very good indeed...

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
i have to say on the back mine are brilliant, wet or dry
ont the front they are still great but not as good in the wet as would have hoped
but you can not go wrong with them at all

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
got some on now done about 2-3K on them and very pleased!!

Good on traction compared to other tyres for that price(I paid 43 ish quid each from camskill 205/55/16)

I'm thinking there not the best for MPG's but cant tell since its been winter and havnt filled the tank up. They took a while to wear in or I drive like a granny :S

andycupra

status subject to change
ive come from goodyear f1's and im not so impressed as most others.

coming from standard tyres pirreli or bridgestones, (ive driven all these lately) id say the falkerns are better. but the goodyear better still. but the falkerns are cheaper so id say £ for £ they are even with the goodyears.

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
Cheers for the info guys, in the end i am going for the Goodyear F1 GSD3, only £10 more fully fitted than the FK452 ! Sorted

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.