Falken choices, FK52 or Ziex ZE912?

lard-ajc

Nov 22, 2007
Leicestershire
I need a new pair of tyres for my 1.9 diesel. The 452 and 912 seem to get decent reviews but i'm undecided which is best for me.

I like the idea of assymetrics as if there is any uneven wear between the tyres I can rotate them without having to get them off the rims, are there any other benefits of one over the other (especially wear)?

thanks

andrew

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
i have the 452s, so far theyve proved to be an awesome tyre for the money they have especially impressed me recently in all this insane weather we've been getting and hold grip very well on the water logged roads ive been driving on. Thumbs up from me!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
452 are the sportier version of the 2. The 912's will be the harder wearing.
I've always used 452's, great even in the winter.

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
I wanted the 452's but nobody could find them at a decent price up here. I got the 912's for 68 fully fitted in the end. Seem to be a good tyre so far......

Deleted member 43482

Ive got the 912's. Good tyres for me, have had no bad experiences with them and seem to have a good wear rate.

rothwell9684

just ordered some 452's from camskills £60 inc VAT each having them fitted thursday so hope they are ok! thought i would try as they get good feed back on here:)

Last edited by a moderator:

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
maybe a stupid question but can anyone confirm for me that falken 452 - 225/55/16 will fit leon mk1 cupra standard alloys...

and another thing... I really need to change my front tyres (goodyears eagles lasted 5k :p) but my rear tyres seem ok. I would like to put now 225 in front and leave my my rear ones (205 width) until they will need to be changed. I can imagine its not perfect to have different width tyres in front and in the back... but is it total madness or can i drive around like that for some time. Does it really make it dangerous to drive if i'm not doing trackdays?

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I have the 912's on at the moment, seen hardly no wear to be honest and I have been driving them alot. Decent set of tyres however I personally will be looking for something more stickier next time

robo999

NEV
Apr 21, 2005
leicestershire
Got the fk-452s and they're mint. so much better than the contisports that i had on before and 10 times better in the wet. they also seem to be wearin well, as i dont drive paticuarly slowly lol :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise