EPC Light & Loss of power

Jan 5, 2020
Evening Gents,

I've got an issue with my Mk3 Leon FR TSI, I had a heavy carload and driving up an A road on Friday (02/01/20) everytime I put my foot down to accelerate it juddered and wouldn't get past 2.5 thousand revs. Ever since the car has shown and EPC and Engine management light, struggles to start and the power is severely restricted.

Anyone else had this issue or know what this is/how easily it can be fixed? I've just moved house so I'm hoping this isn't an expensive one :no:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It'll need to be scanned for codes to see what the fault is. Sounds like it's in limp mode which limits revs / no turbo. Could be something as simple as a sensor failing.

Jan 5, 2020
*update* I’ve got the fault code readings done and it is coming up with P2294 Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Control circuit/open. Any ideas on repair costs?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Assuming the wiring / connectors around the fuel pump are fine. I'm unsure on that model if the Fuel Pressure Regulator is built into the high pressure fuel pump (meaning a new fuel pump). On my car, the regulator is separate and fairly cheap / easy to change.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise