engine warning light on for no reason at all...!

andy_tratter

Sep 17, 2008
Near JabbaSport ;)
hi guys, car and a service and mot this morning and about 2 hours after getting it home the engine warning light came on (the one of the engine on the right side of the dash). cars running fine and sounds ok so is it just dodgy spanish electrics and it;ll go off when it realises that there isnt actually anything wrong, or has anyone experienced something similar and it turned out to be quite serious?

i think i read that some one had a similar problem but searched and couldnt find it. would vag-com it if i had it too before any one mentions that!

cheers chaps

Last edited:

andycupra

status subject to change
so to clarify, you dont actually know there is nothing wrong. It may well be that there is something wrong, or even perhaps a blip thats put the light on but is currently running ok.

You need to vag com or get someone to see what codes are recorded.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
I no you said you havent got it but your going to be compleatly in the dark unless you vag-com it im afraid because THIS is the list of all the fault codes that will bring up lights on your dash...

Happy searching...;)

andy_tratter

Sep 17, 2008
Near JabbaSport ;)
hahaha ****, better get vag-com then!

andycupra: yeah there seems to be nothing wrong, it just came on, so could quite likely just go off again as quick as it came on, or could develop into something major!

andy_tratter

Sep 17, 2008
Near JabbaSport ;)
well didnt get chance to vag-com it but the light went out today, so im putting it down to dodgy spanish wiring - they must have been ona siesta when it was my cars turn to be checked at the factory.

altho around the same time my exhaust fell off so maybe the 2 are related, or i just get to swap one problem for another in some never ending circle of doom...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise