electric window fitment guide

Mckellar

finally found someone with a motor and runners for the electric window i have screwed in my car.

its from a mk3 (assuming cupra from his avatar) do these fit the mk2 as they are the same doors.

cheers.
dont wana be buying it for it not to fit.

physically it will fit, but looking at the pictures I've just been sent, the electrical connections are totally different :(

a

Yup. I made this mistake, spent £50 on a second hand one and turned out it was completely wrong, and was from a Mk3.

Is this a common fault then, the electric windows going on Mk2's? Because both of mine are currently broken!

Alex

Mckellar

pain in the ring, ive got my window open about 1/2 an inch, door card off and no new motor to replace it with, poor car :(

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
do what I've done...... get someone to hold the window 'up', whilst you pull on the cable until you find which way you need to pull it in order to hold it up, then pull it really tight and secure the cable behind one of the bolts holding the motor inplace.....

stops the window from dropping until you can source a replacement motor etc

pain in the ring, ive got my window open about 1/2 an inch, door card off and no new motor to replace it with, poor car :(

I've had no door cards on either door for about 2/3 months now! :redface:

My passenger window is held up with a piece of wood... The motor seems fine, and I think that all the wiring and that just needs connecting up

And on the drivers side, a little plastic clip has snapped. So the glass isn't held into its runners on one side!

Too much pissing about IMO... Its the one thing about my car that annoys me! And no one will give me the time of day to fix it!

Hopefully the next place I'm taking it to can sort it out.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.