Electric seats Vs mechanicsl

Jan 9, 2021
Hey hey,

Got a Tarraco PHEV 2022, love the car, but mechanical non-leather seats are killing me.

I am sure full leather seats exist in Tarraco, however the supply for second hand stuff is extremely limited. Unlike Tiguan, for instance. But will front seats from, say, Tiguan Allspace fit my Tarraco (since they share the same platform)? Or likes of Kodiaq?

Another question - if I have non-electical seats, do you think my car is still pre-wired for the electric seats?? Plug'n'play sort of stuff.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I don't know for sure in your case, but my experience generally is that manufacturers don't fit any more wiring than they have to, so it's unlikely that power seats would "plug 'n play" into your car (and almost certainly even if they did, it would need an amount of recoding).
Hopefully someone on here will have the definitive answer for you.

I don't know for sure in your case, but my experience generally is that manufacturers don't fit any more wiring than they have to, so it's unlikely that power seats would "plug 'n play" into your car (and almost certainly even if they did, it would need an amount of recoding).
Hopefully someone on here will have the definitive answer for you.

As mentioned on facebook, you'll require wiring, a climate control module (if you don't have heated seats) and coding to allow it all to work. If you don't currently have heated seats, it's possible you'll require a new body control module.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members