Eagle F1's question

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
I was just wondering if anyone has had a set of both GSD3's and GSD2's.

Had a set of GSD3's on my old saxo and rated them highly. So when i picked up my Ibiza and it lacked grip i purchased 2 new GSD3's for the front. When i was on blackcircles there was a review for the GSD2's saying along the lines of glad i listened to the reviews and tried to GSD2's, and i can confirm as the reviews state they are a class above the GSD3's.

This got me wondering and i had a search through google to try and find such reviews but without any luck. :confused:

A thread in leon section about tyres reminded me as GSD3's were getting mentioned so much.

Just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they thought?

Pidge

I
Oct 11, 2008
Aberdeen
Cant comment on the GSD2's.

But, i have GSD3's on the front of my cupra and my god ive never had such a good tyre regardless of road/weather conditions!!!

Had Toyo T1-S all round before and these are the absolute WORST tyres ive ever had, not confidence inspiring at all and actually quite scary how little grip they have! Pre-spacers these induced random 20mph 45deg drifts on roundabouts if its greasey (slightly interesting in rush-hour traffic)!!! :-o

Still got 2 of those useless things on the back and cant wait till ive got enough cash for another pair of the F1's :)

If it were my money id go for the GSD3's. I wouldnt waste time with old technology. There must be a reason for replacing the 2 with the 3.

Oh and watch out for the GSD3's that are made in china, this happened after the whole fake tyre mess and is why GY cut the Eagle F1 (non-asymetrical) from its line up. If you get them from camskill they will be from stock that were made in Germany = the best rubber compound for them :thumbup:

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
Oh i know.. thats what made me wonder. GSD3's replaced GSD2's so surely you would expect them to be better.

haha i know what you mean about the random tailend flicks that happen. Got the standard tyres on back and not managed to get hold of spacers yet. Any power on a bend and your going round. Found out the hard way. Think my mate found it highly funny when all he seen was my headlights pointing at him as he come round the round about after me =[. Was diesel on the road mind.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.