DV hose popped off

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Yesterday, after a bit of a spirited drive, one of the hoses to my DV popped off. The jubilee clip holding it in place is nowhere to be seen :blink:

What can cause this? I made sure they were all done up very tightly when I fitted the DV (Forge 007P) so I was surprised to see one hanging off. I've re-attached it with a new jubilee clip and further tightened the other clips on other hoses, but now I'm worried that having them too tight may cause them to rip the hose? Is that possible?

Somebody put me out of my misery, please? :lol:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
No you fooked! Only kidding. Could have been some oil on the pipe causeing it to slip off. Best to clean it all up before you put it back on so its got a firm base. What clips are you using? Not the cr4p ones with the holes in them?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
No signs of any damage at all to the hose, all looked fine. And the clips I'm using are standard jubilees from Halfords.

I'll keep an eye on things, but just wanted to see if there was anything I could do differently? If not, that's fine by me :D

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well halfords jubalee clips are not that strong as if you over tighten them the tread starts wearing out. best is to clean it out but brand clip on.

Math

get some Mikalor hose clips, they are very tough :) if the pipe doesnt have a lip or a small lip the pressure will be able to pop it off as well.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.