DSG Paddle Upgrade

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
I followed the lead of some guys on the Formentor forum and ordered a set of DSG Paddle extensions.

Im happy with them, i also did this on my Leon Cupra previously. They clamp on, rather than 3M adhesive.

I would recommend, its much easier to actually reach the paddles than the stock ones.

These are the ones i bought - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001901995928.html

IMG_20220129_123446.jpg

IMG_20220129_123452.jpg

IMG_20220129_124121.jpg

Reactions: Terry99

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
Top notch addition NotSo.

I had similar add-on paddles on my Skoda Yeti (Octavia vRS steering wheel) before my Ateca, where the paddles were pretty square and mostly hidden behind the spokes of the S/wheel.

I had to modify them slightly by bending a shallow angle into them, c. 15 deg, as I found that the paddle clipped the wiper stalk if the wipers were switched on (up) and I turned the S/wheel.

Its worth checking this before you go out in the rain!

Do I need add-on paddles for my Ateca? I'm not sure on that as the OE paddles are a better design being rectangular, taller and seem to fall to hand (finger) better. Additionally, the driving I've done in the last three months hasn't been the sort of driving that warrants using paddle shift.

Guy

Sent from my XQ-BQ52 using Tapatalk

Badlose

May 22, 2022
Devon
I've changed mine for some urus style ones I found on Ali express for about 50 quid. They are metal with a plastic fitting. You don't even need to pull the steering wheel off just the shroud and the airbag with the battery disconnected. Used a plastic spudger I got in my blackvue camera kit and a torx bit. You will need pliers and a tiny screwdriver for removing the pin from the actual paddles one you have them out. Anyway they are a lot easier to use and give you confidence in driving with the dsg. A lot easier that the tiny plastic ones. I didn't go for the stick ons because I dislike the way they look. I didn't want the clamping ones for pretty much the same reason.
20230212_165733.jpg

Reactions: avk
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members