• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Dogbone mount

cliveyp

LCR Abuser
Jan 11, 2006
Worcester
I've done a search and found god knows how many threads on the subject its just too hard to try to work out the best route to take!!

I'm looking at ordering the Powerflex dbm bushes.

1) Good idea??
2) Should i fit both or just one?
3) Just how much extra vibration do you get?

I'm not too fussed about getting an extra bit of vibration anyway tbh, as past cars have hardly spoilt me on ride/vibration qualities, but i don't want it tooooo harsh.

TIA

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
its not harsh mate, it also depends how tight you actually do it. I used both powerflex bushes, no point buying an entire new eip mount.

cliveyp

LCR Abuser
Jan 11, 2006
Worcester
Well, i've ordered them. Banshee Motorsport to the rescue, only 20 quid delivered.

Just hope i don't regret it! I'll keep you all posted.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
This is on my To Do list so I'd love to hear what you think of it, and also how you got on fitting it :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
I've done a search and found god knows how many threads on the subject its just too hard to try to work out the best route to take!!

I'm looking at ordering the Powerflex dbm bushes.

1) Good idea??
2) Should i fit both or just one?
3) Just how much extra vibration do you get?

I'm not too fussed about getting an extra bit of vibration anyway tbh, as past cars have hardly spoilt me on ride/vibration qualities, but i don't want it tooooo harsh.

TIA

I had these fitted not long ago at awesome gti
1) Yes its a good idea, you noticeably feel its tighter setting off
2)Fit both
3) Vibration is minimal, its noticeable at first but not after a while, its only really at idle the wheel vibrates

Made my car feel quicker on setting off and the engine felt a bit "stronger", a definte modification for the price!

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
I had these fitted not long ago at awesome gti
1) Yes its a good idea, you noticeably feel its tighter setting off
2)Fit both
3) Vibration is minimal, its noticeable at first but not after a while, its only really at idle the wheel vibrates

Made my car feel quicker on setting off and the engine felt a bit "stronger", a definte modification for the price!

couldn't have said it better myself. There's a very annoying "rocking" in the car when driving in forst/second without the clutch - completely solved using the engine mount. I have the EIP full mount but they buy an OEM mount and fit bushes to them - just saves a bit of hassle that's all

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
i've got Revo stage 1 and heard that the powerflex bushes helped with wheel hop etc. I've got the powerflex db mount bushes fitted and i don't think they make any positive difference at all. I still get the same amount of wheel hop and the vibration/drone when pulling away in 1st gear when they were first fitted almost made your head explode. thankfully it's died down a bit now.

As can probably tell i don't rate this mod. pointless.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
you musnt have had it torquesd down right then satilaboy, it definately vibrated more at idle (i turned idle up 100 revs to reduce this) and wheel hop has virtually disappeared in the year ive had it.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
I've had the poweflex bushes in my boot since christmas.

Really must get round to fitting them as they don't seem to have much effect in the boot:doh:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
You dont need the mount mate and the bushes slide off rather than need burnt off etc
heres what the powerfelx ones look like fitted to a standard mount (uprated ones are only a different colour, same thing underneath
)
DSC00064.jpg

cliveyp

LCR Abuser
Jan 11, 2006
Worcester
Big thumbs up to Banshee Motorsport. Super quick delivery. Ordered in the wee small hours of Wednesday morning, sat on the doorstep when i woke up today. And delivery at half the cost of some of the other suppliers! :clap:

Weather permitting, they'll be on the car Saturday.:happy:

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
ok am confused, do all leons come with dogbone mounts as standard? and is it just a case of upgrading the things called bushes??? i have a leon sport and am interested in this mod but am unsure which way to look, can some1 give me a hint. cheers. have done search but can only find stuff on 225's this is only other thread thats about.

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
the dogbone mount/engine transmission mount is standard.

you can either upgrade the rubber bushes on the original mount (with, for example, powerflex bushes) or buy an upgraded replacement mount.

doing just the bushes is cheap. about £20

the whole mount is more expensive

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.