• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

dogbone bush and TIP?

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Im looking to get a new Engine Mounting - Dog Bone Bush, Just wanted to know if its a DIY job or do i need the garage? also seen a few people on here talking about forge TIP, But im not sure what this is and what it will do? had a look on forge site but cant find anything, I HAVE had a good search on here but still cant work out what it is. Anyone help me out please?
I have just had a remap and over the last few months done some small mods but as im sure you all know "once you start its hard to stop" so just looking at what else i could do. Thanks chaps!!

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
the tip is the hose that connects after the airbox, alot of people upgrade them to forge/samco tips as the standard ones are prone to collapsing when hot as the hose becomes softer, i changed mine to forge and i noticed a big differance when driving for a while...

the dogbone bush is just a replacement for the standard one, it will reduce the amound of engine movement when driving the car hard, it will also help with your traction

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
The TIP is a fairly easy home mod if your not a complete monkey with a spanner, takes about an hour for a medium compitance person to do. Need to take the airbox out etc, there is a guide on the main site in the guides section funnly enough.
Dog bone mount. will cost you about 40 quid fitted, car needs to go up on a ramp really, to make this an easy job. Well worth having done thou, car launch's a lot better, and it stops that horrible wheel hop you get when spinning up.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
yeah mate insurance is a killer but so is a goosed turbo:cry:... erm as for the dogbone it is a fairly easy job to do youself and is worth the money in my opinion...

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
No worries dude, we all started from scratch before, im still having trouble deciding on suspension.

That was something else i had in mind, Im getting some Kei Force 10's in a few weeks so just want to see how the car looks before maybe getting coilovers but dont want to go too low, only about 30mm really?

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
not quite stops, but certainly reduces it. I've found mine to be of limited improvement, I've got some new front tyres and they've made 10 times more difference to launch spin.

Really, on mine it has totally got rid of it, all it does now is just leave big black lines down the road, wonder if the slightly bigger wheels have anything to do with it??

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Which make do you have smooth? I suffer from bad vibration at idle too (esp when aircon is on) but I think that's just because the garage did not get the torque of the bolts quite right.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The TIP is a fairly easy home mod if your not a complete monkey with a spanner, takes about an hour for a medium compitance person to do. Need to take the airbox out etc, there is a guide on the main site in the guides section funnly enough.

Sadly that's only true for the LCR. The Cupra is a different matter and is a total and utter sod of a job to do! It's not impossible to do yourself, but it will take a while, require access to the under side of the car and even then, isn't easy.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Which make do you have smooth? I suffer from bad vibration at idle too (esp when aircon is on) but I think that's just because the garage did not get the torque of the bolts quite right.

FWIW, I've got the Powerflex ones and after they bedded in a bit (a few hundred miles) I get no bad vibrations at all, even with air con on. With air con on and with the steering wheel turned slightly, I get a little more vibration than stock, but not much really.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Sadly that's only true for the LCR. The Cupra is a different matter and is a total and utter sod of a job to do! It's not impossible to do yourself, but it will take a while, require access to the under side of the car and even then, isn't easy.

Its going in for MOT next month so i think it best i get them to fit it for me, just to save any hassle!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.