Does anyone elses 1.4TSI squeak when prodding the accelerator?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
If you are traveling along in drive (D) at low rpm and give your accelerator a prod do you get squeak? I've never noticed it before until today. Doesn't sound very good! I'm sure i've read about techie having the problem.. Supercharger coupling??

Last edited by a moderator:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yeah same problem, can get it to happen if you feather the throttle, sounds like a fan belt slipping.

Mines been fine since I sorted it.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I dont really want to say to much which is why I didnt document the work I did as mine was a tester, i've been burnt a few times with forums and HQ and putting my foot in it.

Its well documented on Golf/Scirocco forums and VW have had bulletins on it for some time.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Right fair enough.

So if I do a little searching I sould dig something up.

If I took it to my dealership would they just swerve it I wonder?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Its a difficult one tbh, if you waltz into a dealer waving bits of paper printed off the internet expect to get frosty reception not to mention getting quite a few people in trouble (its happened to me a fair bit, to the point VAG HQ are normally well aware of who I am).

However if you ask them to look at it they will diagnose it and repair as required. Technically its not a fault as such, just an annoyance, but who wants to be annoyed by there car. If it is the coupling its not a nice job, take it from me.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I always have music on in the car, so don't hear these squeaks... But occasionally I'll drive without music on, i.e. when I'm on mornings (don't want to wake the neighbours). I have noticed this noise but didn't think it to be one of concern, you expect some noises from the car, usually the annoying sounds I get in my car are my family, my mates know to shut up and hang on.

If it's just annoying than do as techie has just said, but going in with something off the web is gonna rub people up the wrong way.

ED

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise