Digital instrument cluster revision A

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi,

My 2018 FR has digital instrument cluster as a factory fitted option.
Its part number is 5F0920790.
Seat started to use a new version of it after 31.07.2018 and the new part number is 5F0920790A.
My car's production date is 17.07.2018 and it misses the model year breakpoıint by 14 days only :(
The new cluster has a new semicircular dial view and possibly some other new features.
My guess is that the only changed thing is the updated firmware.
If that's correct, I could have flash my car's instrument cluster with the new firmware.
Of course that would involve obtaining the new firmware and having the means of flashing it to the cluster but that's another matter.

Any thoughts on this ?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Rev A is a hardware change.

I believe that @Damo H replaced his in order to get the central tacho view. I have the Rev A as standard, but not too sure I would pay the £££ personally to change - if the upgrade provided the same Google maps view as the Audi VC, then I may consider it.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021

I believe that @Damo H replaced his in order to get the central tacho view. I have the Rev A as standard, but not too sure I would pay the £££ personally to change - if the upgrade provided the same Google maps view as the Audi VC, then I may consider it.

Too bad.
But there are some workshops in my area who are specialized in VAG retrofits.
They offer their clients some second-hand parts too.
I'll ask them if they're interested in buying my instrument cluster if I replace it with a new rev A through them.
Only if they accept this kind of trade, then I'll consider doing it, otherwise too expensive and doesn't worth it.

Thanks for your response 🙏

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

What he said ^

I sold my old one so didn't cost that much, I also did it before the prices went up.

Reactions: serdar_18fr
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members