difference between N75 and N75j

craig lcr

Oct 19, 2006
cleveland
like the title says whats the difference between an N75 and a N75j valve. ive got some boost problems and was thinking about changing this first but dont know which one to get?

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
There has been many threads on this all vary in response- some for but I would probably say more against as few have had problems resulting from 'overboosting' as the car will think its doing. Ive changed mine a while back and boost went from 0.8 - 1bar but never stayed there and im sure the difference wasnt noticable if anything i thought it was running slower. Ive since changed it back and holding boost at 0.8 (standard) which actually feels much better not sure if its sychological or the n75j just doesnt work with the lcr setup. So in answer to your question I would go with the n75.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
If you car wasn't mapped to suit the N75J, it isn't a good idea to fit it. Many experiences of limp mode on here.

Standard valve has a letter after it - eg N75F.

By all means try a new valve, but I'd recommend against fitting the J.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
See im determined im have problems with boost at full throttle.
Im certain its not the the MAS and i dont think it a leak anywhere as the boost is fine at lower revs so i think its could well be the N75 (also i dont have a boost gague so cant be certain there is any loss of boost)
But i was thinking of changing the N75 any just to try the problem out, but was thinking of getting the Jvalve as apposed to the standard as i am getting a stage 2 soon (fingers crossed)
but from this it would appear that thats not a good idea?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
A few people have fitted the J valve and love it. Many more have had problems, didn't like the way the car drove and experience all sorts of nasties that made the put the original back.

I've tried the J. I'm now back to standard as it made the car feel weaker and less progressive.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.