Debadging

tackleberry

300+ spanish donkeys yeha
Jun 25, 2005
Ross on Wye
I want to debadge the back of my seat ibiza cupra (leaving the main seat badge).

Can any 1 please give me some tips on removing the lettering and the sticky residue after as i don't what to damage the already soft seat paint.

Bird

In A Flap
Jun 10, 2004
Cornwall
I used some dental floss to get the badges off, then just rubbed the sticky residue to remove it.

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
I used a hairdryer to warm up the glue/backing and an old credit card to remove the badges. As bird says, I've heard floss works well. I used a bit of T-Cut followed by polish to remove any residue and give a nice even finish/shine around the badge area. Result looks good, no scratches, just nice clean panels.

tackleberry

300+ spanish donkeys yeha
Jun 25, 2005
Ross on Wye
Thanks for the help guys. I debadged the car on the weekend. I pulled off the lettering and scraped the glue off with an old credit card. Then i T-cut the remainding residue off then polished it out. Then i put a deep polish on left for 30 mins and the results were fantastic. thanx guys

Tiny130

May 30, 2005
tackleberry said:
I pulled off the lettering and scraped the glue off with an old credit card. Then i T-cut the remainding residue off then polished it out. Then i put a deep polish on left for 30 mins and the results were fantastic. thanx guys

Worked for me, :D piece o piss TBH

newmski

brute force boy

hows about doing it when the body work is hot in the sunlight or sum ting. get jemima to help
:doh: