Deactivation.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
A couple of days ago I was out in the Formentor, it was a bit of a sunny day and then it started to look distinctly like showers were about to start then I got a voice " this function is deactivated contact your service centre!"

That is not what you need to hear whilst attempting to close the Sunroof when it starts spitting with rain - what was that all about?

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
🤔 might have touched something else as its all touch on that console.....I always do lights get on blind rolls back etc....
I hope it was just the voice but roof did close? Or it was some struggling?

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
🤔 might have touched something else as its all touch on that console.....I always do lights get on blind rolls back etc....
I hope it was just the voice but roof did close? Or it was some struggling?
The sunroof was closing then it stopped and I got the voice, I then closed it manually to be honest I don`t find the sunroof controls very tactile or actually a very positive switching method, when driving it is a bit distracting compared to operating a normal physical switch!

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Well intelligent AI is all I can say 😉
I mean you are closing the roof and you hear a voice I can't do this.
By the way it's twice this AI has kicked in my work place parking, when I unlock car using front handles keyless entry and don't actually open front door.
And when I open rear door boot also opens up for no reason......🤔

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Out earlier in the week, not sunny not really warm opened the sun roof OK but when I went to close it the sun roof closed but the blind refused to move and the interior lights came on but refused to turn off I ended up using the remote outside and the blind closed.

Really not impressed with this considering this is a known problem that has been been reported here from June 2022 and my VZN is only 12 months old!

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Out yesterday and hit a bit of a bumpy pot holed road and the courtesy light came on and I couldn`t turn it off, I had to turn the ignition off!

• Haha
Reactions: KJA

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Well today I experienced a ghost as well 🙃
While commuting to work overhead interior light turned ON with the tap sound, switched OFF with the tap sound, then turned ON again with the tap sound.
I switched OFF by tapping it.
Definitely some serious AI working in background. 🤣

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
Both of you guys simply need to replace the roof panel (the one with the reading lights and several call buttons) - it is well-known to fail quite often. It's a free replacement under warranty.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
I appreciate that but my problem is why is it when Seat is attempting to market an upmarket vehicle they are still fitting problems parts for the customer that they must be aware of!

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
I appreciate that but my problem is why is it when Seat is attempting to market an upmarket vehicle they are still fitting problems parts for the customer that they must be aware of!
I think they have those parts in stock and fully aware but can't throw it in bin due to cost.
So those part need to go somewhere.
Probably in yours and mine.....🥺

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
I think they have those parts in stock and fully aware but can't throw it in bin due to cost.
So those part need to go somewhere.
Probably in yours and mine.....🥺
Again I appreciate that but 4 months ownership and a £50K car has to go back due to faulty parts which is rather inconvenient and annoying!
Its a VW group vehicle not a Land Rover!

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Rightly said its not JLR.
My F Pace went into rejection after 18 months it was just too much for me.
I would say just observe a bit more.
My personal experience is try to live with it if it's not too obstructive.
Going into warranty repairs and coming back with some new fault is not ideal.
And then back and forth visits which are annoying.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
To be honest I hate going into dealers especially if interior parts have to be replaced as in my experience you get it back especially with plastic parts hidden retaining clips/fastenings that have been broken, had it with JLR, Ford, Mazda etc I had my Mazda RX-8 leather seat side bolster replaced under warranty that had worn prematurely the seat back was partly plastic it wasn`t until my daughter sat in the back she asked me how I got the big scratch in the seat back which I hadn`t seen as it was in the back, then I found they had also broken the plastic casing where the seats electric switches were of course I returned with a complaint and got the "We haven`t done that Sir" then they agreed to fix it but by respraying the seat back I had to persuade them it wasn`t a sprayed seat back to start with was it, I had to go to Mazda customer services to get the seat back replaced properly then to the dealer you become an awkward troublesome customer!

Hence the reason I hate dealers and Mazda are supposedly one of the better dealers!

Reactions: KJA

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
Its a VW group vehicle not a Land Rover!
I'm really sad to break this to you... DO NOT have higher expectations from VAG than those you have from Land Rover. 😥
I'm amazed by the problems I read people have with their cars - some more expensive than Formentor/Golf/Octavia. IMHO all car manufacturers have lowered the quality standards, and somehow they're not penalized by customers - their cars are still selling at increasing prices and decreasing quality.
Mine also has it's gremlins; fortunately nothing that would make the car unusable, but it's still below my expectations. Just be glad in UK you have the choice of rejecting the car; here it's not possible. Well, in principle it is, but it involves forwarding your complaints to a "national customer protection agency" that would assist you on a long and nerve-wrecking legal process.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
There is nothing you can say that will tell me anything I don`t already know as I have had many different makes over many years and in my experience they are all the same and I have had all the so called best including Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda etc I have had totally crooked, dishonest Ford, Suzuki and LR dealers, absolutely shocking inept Mazda, Toyota and LR so called "Technicians."

That is why I don`t relish having to take the Formentor into a Seat dealership for replacement of a part that shouldn`t be needed to do as I would be very surprised if I got it back without they have managed to do something incorrectly!

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
What to do - yesterday as it was hot I found the sunroof was working perfectly apart from the panel courtesy light came on but then went off again I was going to book it in but its gone cooler again and now the sunroof is being water cooled!
Guess I`ll have to wait until the next "heat bomb" "heat wave," Summer temperature spell arrives!

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Not very encouraging - coincidentally my Cupra dealer called early this morning to enquire if all was well after the service they carried out not long ago, so I explained about the sunroof fault and to be honest I got the impression they had never heard about this before but they would call me back, they did later on and no they never come across this before so not very encouraging at all!

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Just a coincidence today.
I noticed while putting front screen shade it hit the courtesy light and switched it ON.
Seems like it's too sensitive to any touch or material.....
Probably not a fault but too sensitive.
Maybe humid air or warm air inside or from outside works as a touch gesture 🤔 which switches the light ON etc.
Or a static charge maybe.
I tried to touch the light with a piece of cloth over my finger and it worked.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.