de-badging

pillgrim1

Nov 7, 2009
ave just bought leon tdi fr and on the boot next to the tdi badge previous owner for some reason decided to add a cupra r badge wots best way to remove dont want to risk the paintwork. anyideas boys

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
ave just bought leon tdi fr and on the boot next to the tdi badge previous owner for some reason decided to add a cupra r badge wots best way to remove dont want to risk the paintwork. anyideas boys

i used an old credit card to gently peel my badges off. Use some WD40 and a microfibre cloth to remove the sticky stuff the badge leaves behind, then a small amount of T-Cut to smooth it all off.

BRB

part-timer
Mar 18, 2008
Glasgow
I heated up some water and poured it over badge to loosen the glue a bit , then all u do is peel off with your fingers . Saves u from using something which may scratch the paint ... then a little polish will remove any left overs ...

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Hairdryer, plastic filler spreader and nail varnish remover will be fine.

Can also use dental floss.

T cut will get the colour back.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
wot i did. i got some thick cotton. rubbed some candle wax on it. heated the badges up with a hair dryer.
then i cut through the back side of the badge with the cotton. like you would cut cheese with wire. then i cleaned off the rest of the sticky stuff then polished the area with a good quality polish.
it work perfectly for me. no marks at all
hope this helps

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Tcut is awful stuff, way to agressive. Best way is G3 or Extra fine compound and polish the whole boot lid by hand to get the best results. If using a heatgun be carfull not to heat it too much, best way is hot, not boiling water from the kettle.