Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
There are four models available now on the configurator and the car is available to order

To celebrate the launch and the next step in CUPRA’s electrification journey, customers can reserve a new Tavascan ahead of open for order and be prioritised to own one of the first 50 cars on the road in the UK. To place a reservation customers will need to pay £99 however this is automatically refunded within 7 days regardless of whether they go onto place an order. Reservations are still valid after the £99 is refunded*.

The new CUPRA Tavascan will launch with a retail campaign – available from 11th September 2024. Offering customers £3,000 deposit contribution and 1% APR (up to 48 months), plus either a complimentary Ohme charger or £700 charging voucher. Customers would also be able to purchase our eCare2 service plan for only £49.

The brand’s second fully electric model is available in V1, V2, VZ1 and VZ2 trims*, and boasts an advanced all-electric system. The Tavascan is...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell and Seriously?

Tell

Staff member
You have to master the spec to make sure you got a heat pump in the spec. When they were first announced world wide the heat pump was optional only in the winter option. It was noted that you'd want to specify that for colder climates. A quick read of the UK spec it mentions heat pump and the winter spec. I know some people like to re live 50s motoring, but no heater in the car is a little too far I reckon. So special attention is required on whether it includes the heat pump. I like the idea of flicking the heat pump on in the connected app so you get into a nice warm car.

Reckon red would be nice. Is that proper paint or the stuff that costs you a fortune if something happens to it. I wouldn't touch one of those in matt unless you were keeping it in your private museum. You can't polish them either, a downer for those people that like to detail 😉.

I'd go for a fully specced 4 motor one, sensible paint, making sure its got a heat pump and explore getting the EV into your home eco system making the EV battery your home battery. Not sure whether this is one of the EVs that you can do that with plus the special charger that does the invertor operation back into the house. The off grid bit is a nice touch if you are worried about power cuts. Little did car enthusiasts think that the car would become part of the houses eco energy system. Just checked the house is now grid independent running on solar... we like those moments 👍. Grey day as well.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Ahh it's the new Ford Capri.....oh no wait.....
Nope, this is the new Capri :eek:
0cc73777-5184-3a30-9b14-220634cb3dd6.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Probably the aerodynamic shape to get the low drag coefficient generates the same old shape plus those incidental metals folds. Inside it doesn't look like a Capri. :unsure:

I'm not in the market for another 5 years but I'd look at it if I was.

Cainy1989

Jan 11, 2019
its the rear 1/4 of the car, the ID 5, Capri, Tavascan all have very very similar proportions. Cupra have done a much better job at designing that out though, Ford just copied the ID 5 and stuck a capri badge on it

Reactions: Syphon

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Looks just like any big EV SUV, my mates 2.8 Capri from the day still looks way better, and Ford should have given this lump a different name.
Agreed, but Ford have previous form in these matters - calling the Mach E a "Mustang" was pushing the bounds of credibility just a tad IMO. :(

Reactions: Seastormer