Cupra R Suspension upgrade tips or advice needed

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Hi,

Recently purchased a Seat Leon Cupra R 2005 with Ta Technix coilovers which I know are like the cheapest in the coilover world but basically im looking for a more comfortable ride that doesn't need to be dropped as much as it currently is (max on back) keeping the same great handling so am just wondering...

would I benefit from putting on the standard suspension with lowering springs of say 40mm or go for whole new shock and spring setup opposed to more expensive coilovers?

10301973_10203095874733358_4094492987069323354_n.jpg

Any pictures of lowered leons with height specified would be great help??

Penfold92

Nov 19, 2012
ygy9ejup.jpg

That's how mine sit on 40mm eibach lowering springs standard shocks sits nice on the back but front needs to go lower

The ride is not the best I want coilovers myself but don't know what to go for "/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penfold92

Nov 19, 2012
The first picture I used that wasn't lowered at the time

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Still not a bad low if you know what I mean! Whats the handling like on the stock shocks with those springs?

Ive been doing quite alot of research and im quite keen on getting the st by kw shock and spring setup 50mm £450

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Penfold92

Nov 19, 2012
The handling seem alright too be honest but a bit to bumpy for my liking anything over 40mm springs you need to change shock apparently so might have to do that but I dunno what to do as I'm going to nuringburg and want a good setup "/

That's not too bad you can get a set of spax coilovers for around £480 mark

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Tbh if you don't like the bumpy feel I wouldnt go for coilovers unless you go for decent price ones with damping adjustment I guess. Thats what ive heard so far anyway. The ta technix im using are like the cheapest and seriously rock hard :(

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Penfold92

Nov 19, 2012
Yeah but standard suspension is fairly rock hard lol, how much you pay for them then ?

Penfold92

Nov 19, 2012
Would you think about selling them I might try them out never know I might like the way they ride personal prefrance

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Nah I have the coilovers off in the box! Sorry for not getting back to you, was unsure if I was going to sell them as im using the rear shocks still!

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
I can sell the whole setup without rear shocks? One of my kw shocks got damaged when installing and havent purchased a replacement yet